ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa enquiry

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tbbcuk

Spouse visa enquiry

Post by tbbcuk » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:45 pm

I am the following enquiries, could anyone give me some guide?

(1) English requirement
My wife has a Bachelor degree awarded by University of Central Lancashire, UK, in 2009. The course itself was delivered by it partner institute in Hong Kong. I did enquire with UK NARIC whether English assessment is required for this course. They said due to the fact that the degree is already from a UK awarding institution, therefore they would not able to provide an English Language assessment on this basis. My wife has obtained a letter from the UK office of the university to confirm the course was conducted in English in Hong Kong. I want to ask, is that sufficient enough?

(2) Me and my wife got married in Oct 2012, I didn’t apply her to come here till now, due to the fact she has to help looking after her grandmother. Will that cause a problem, do I have to explain to them?

(3) Is it OK to submit my past airlines e-tickets as evidences to show them I have visited my wife average twice a year? As I have not got the original ticket slips. For my wife, she has dual passports and she had visited UK a few times with one of her old passport, should she also submit this passports to show all the UK immigration stamps?

(4) Finally, I will to write a covering letter for this application, should my wife also write one by herself?

many thanks for your help.

tbbcuk

Post by tbbcuk » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:59 pm

any expert could give me some guide??

tbbcuk

Post by tbbcuk » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:48 pm

anyone could give me advise? is the question (1) I am really worried about.

any opinions will be very appreciated.

SoHopeful

Re: Spouse visa enquiry

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:27 pm

tbbcuk wrote:I am the following enquiries, could anyone give me some guide?

(1) English requirement
My wife has a Bachelor degree awarded by University of Central Lancashire, UK, in 2009. The course itself was delivered by it partner institute in Hong Kong. I did enquire with UK NARIC whether English assessment is required for this course. They said due to the fact that the degree is already from a UK awarding institution, therefore they would not able to provide an English Language assessment on this basis. My wife has obtained a letter from the UK office of the university to confirm the course was conducted in English in Hong Kong. I want to ask, is that sufficient enough?

I can't help with that one sorry....

(2) Me and my wife got married in Oct 2012, I didn’t apply her to come here till now, due to the fact she has to help looking after her grandmother. Will that cause a problem, do I have to explain to them?

Just include in your letter, a few sentences explaining the delay. We were married 3 years before my husband got his, I detailed why in my letter.

(3) Is it OK to submit my past airlines e-tickets as evidences to show them I have visited my wife average twice a year? As I have not got the original ticket slips. For my wife, she has dual passports and she had visited UK a few times with one of her old passport, should she also submit this passports to show all the UK immigration stamps?

Yes, send e-tickets and photocopies of both your immigration stamps if you have any as proof of contact.

(4) Finally, I will to write a covering letter for this application, should my wife also write one by herself?

I think it would be helpful for her to do one in her own words.

tbbcuk

Post by tbbcuk » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:57 pm

thank you so much for your help!!

mycanal1

Re: Spouse visa enquiry

Post by mycanal1 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:28 am

tbbcuk wrote:I am the following enquiries, could anyone give me some guide?

(1) English requirement

with uk univ degree, you do not need anything more.. uk degree will fullfill the language requirement.

tbbcuk

Post by tbbcuk » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:44 pm

thanks mycanal1, it was indeed a UK degree, the uni also invited all students to come to the UK take part in the graduation ceremony (my wife didnt go due to the cost involved, also can't get holiday from work).
But this degree was studied overseas, do you think is still ok?

mycanal1

Post by mycanal1 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:40 am

tbbcuk wrote:thanks mycanal1, it was indeed a UK degree, the uni also invited all students to come to the UK take part in the graduation ceremony (my wife didnt go due to the cost involved, also can't get holiday from work).
But this degree was studied overseas, do you think is still ok?
Yes, it is okay, UK degree is sufficient proof of English. However, if you wish to further get more document, than u can request your univ to write you a letter that the language of instruction and/or research was english. Some people contact NARIC to give that letter to NARIC and Naric charge approx £52 to give u letter to confirm that univ is equalivalent to uk degre..
but i heard that for UK degree Naric usually say, we r here to evaluate non uk degree to compare it to UK degree and not to evaluate uk degree..
in the end again I think, all u need is UK degree, but u can give a ph call to NARIC for your personal satisfaction and see what thy tell you. but the letter form univ will not hurt you. attending the graduate ceremony has nothing to do with visa application, its the degree that counts.

tbbcuk

Post by tbbcuk » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:58 am

mycanal1 wrote:Yes, it is okay, UK degree is sufficient proof of English. However, if you wish to further get more document, than u can request your univ to write you a letter that the language of instruction and/or research was english. Some people contact NARIC to give that letter to NARIC and Naric charge approx £52 to give u letter to confirm that univ is equalivalent to uk degre..
but i heard that for UK degree Naric usually say, we r here to evaluate non uk degree to compare it to UK degree and not to evaluate uk degree..
in the end again I think, all u need is UK degree, but u can give a ph call to NARIC for your personal satisfaction and see what thy tell you. but the letter form univ will not hurt you. attending the graduate ceremony has nothing to do with visa application, its the degree that counts.
Thanks mycanal1! I phoned UK NARIC they said exactly the same, they can only evaluate non-UK degree, can not do UK degree even if it is studied abroad. We did have a letter from uni to confirm it is conducted in English.

The only thing is, this course is a 18months course, rather than a typical 3 years, not sure if that would cause a problem?