ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) PEO application - Queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dan1988
Newly Registered

FLR(M) PEO application - Queries

Post by dan1988 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:34 pm

Hi all,

I have a couple of queries regarding FLR(M) application at Cardiff PEO.

Our situation is:
I am a UK Citizen from birth and earning above the £18,600 threshold. I met my wife (who is from Vietnam) at university where she obtained her masters degree. She return to Vietnam and after successfully obtaining a Fiance Visa on the 15th May 2013 entered the UK on 1st August 2013 (this is the date the VISA was valid from) we married on 30th November and have booked an appointment at Cardiff PEO for our FLR(M) application.

Our Queries:
1 - My wife's passport states her maiden name and there is no time to change it, so are we correct in using her maiden name throughout the application form and reference letters? and if so will they question this?

2 - At the start of the FLR(M) form it ask for payment details, we have paid in full when we booked the appointment at the PEO, do we leave these blank as we cant see anywhere to tick/fill in saying we paid already.

3 - We have only lived together for 4 months (since my wife arrived in the UK on her Fiance visa) question 6.8 asks how long we have lived together, and after asks "Add all addresses you have lived at in the 2 years preceding this application if you are applying as an unmarried
partner or same-sex partner and have lived at your current address with your sponsor for less than 2 years."
, do we put the address we lived at here?

4 - Question 6.23 asks what type of wedding ceremony it was, is this referring to whether it is a Civil or Religious Marriage.

5 - Section 9.4 asks for dates her finger prints were taken for previous VISA's, she knows the date for her fiance VISA but does not have an exact date for the Student visa she originally came, is the month and year sufficient?

We found the guidance notes for the VAF4A and appendix 2 more helpful than the ones for FLR(M) if you know of any further documents that may be of use it would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time and we look forward to your replies.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: FLR(M) PEO application - Queries

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:23 pm

dan1988 wrote:Hi all,

I have a couple of queries regarding FLR(M) application at Cardiff PEO.

Our situation is:
I am a UK Citizen from birth and earning above the £18,600 threshold. I met my wife (who is from Vietnam) at university where she obtained her masters degree. She return to Vietnam and after successfully obtaining a Fiance Visa on the 15th May 2013 entered the UK on 1st August 2013 (this is the date the VISA was valid from) we married on 30th November and have booked an appointment at Cardiff PEO for our FLR(M) application.

Our Queries:
1 - My wife's passport states her maiden name and there is no time to change it, so are we correct in using her maiden name throughout the application form and reference letters? and if so will they question this?

No, this is absolutely fine.

2 - At the start of the FLR(M) form it ask for payment details, we have paid in full when we booked the appointment at the PEO, do we leave these blank as we cant see anywhere to tick/fill in saying we paid already.

Take the proofs of payment with you and they shall advice you what and how to fill in the payment (If required). Remember, Your case worker only need to see a payment confirmation and not the mode of payment.

3 - We have only lived together for 4 months (since my wife arrived in the UK on her Fiance visa) question 6.8 asks how long we have lived together, and after asks "Add all addresses you have lived at in the 2 years preceding this application if you are applying as an unmarried partner or same-gender partner and have lived at your current address with your sponsor for less than 2 years.", do we put the address we lived at here?

Because you are now married, doesn't applies to you.

4 - Question 6.23 asks what type of wedding ceremony it was, is this referring to whether it is a Civil or Religious Marriage.

Yes

5 - Section 9.4 asks for dates her finger prints were taken for previous VISA's, she knows the date for her fiance VISA but does not have an exact date for the Student visa she originally came, is the month and year sufficient?

Yes, Most recent should do.

We found the guidance notes for the VAF4A and appendix 2 more helpful than the ones for FLR(M) if you know of any further documents that may be of use it would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time and we look forward to your replies.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

dan1988
Newly Registered

Post by dan1988 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Thanks very much for your reply, we have just one more query relating to question 10.11 of the FLR(M):

"10.11. How long have you lived in the UK?"

and then goes on to ask:

"Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than 6 months during that time"

My wife lived in the UK for 1 year and 6 months on her student VISA then returned to Vietnam for work comittments, she the returned on her current VISA and has lived here for 4 months.

In response to this question would we put that she has lived her for the 1 year 6 months plus the 4 months and then put the reason she left the UK?

Would we put she has lived in UK since her original student VISA and then put the reason for her leaving the UK, or would we put she has lived in the UK for 4 months since her current VISA?

Thanks for your time.