ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Solihull on 2nd December

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

T1ilr

ILR success at Solihull on 2nd December

Post by T1ilr » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Hello,

Like every other successful applicant, I am a silent spectator here. Thanks for all your inputs.

Here you go... Enjoy reading my story

Category: Tier 1 General (applied as an individual- my wife and son to apply later)
Profession: Self employed contractor

Documents submitted:

1) Set O
2) Passport + BRP
3) Photos
4) Summary of UKBA points calculator
5) Accountant letter
6) Contract papers covering before and during claim period
7) Invoices for before and during claim period
8) Dividend vouchers
9) Company bank statement for claim period only
10) Personal bank statement for claim period only
11) P60
12) Payslip
13) Company accounts for the FY covering claim period
14) Letter from my agency with rates, duration and a statement of invoices and payment made
15) Letter of absence for 31 days from me
16) E-tickets , marriage certificate and hotel accomodation as evidence of holiday
17) LIUK and IELTS original
18) Last 3 months bank statements (Original + online with bank seal) for finances evidence
19) Current contract
20) Current invoices
21) Current agency letter confirming contract, duration, rate, invoices raised and payments made

Back up docs : (did not give)

Tenancy agreement
Council tax bill
Management accounting for current FY
Current Dividend vouchers

Appointment at 8:30 am. Reached at 7:20 am and waited at a nearby coffee shop till 7:50 . Went to PEO and the security asked me to come at 8:25 am.

Went at 8:25 and finished airport style checking and was given a token.
At 8:45 my token number was called and went to the counter to hand-in documents.

I had put all my docs in 4 different transparent wallets and segregated as Cover -1 , Cover- 2A & 2B for earnings section and cover-3 for absence, LIUK and english language.

Photocopied all docs and put corresponding photocopies into Cover - 1 (P), 2A (P), 2B (P) and Cover- 3 (P). All wallets labelled with contents inside.
Photocopies of all pages of passport were left in Cover - 1(P).

The counter lady asked for docs 1 by 1. Before that she gave a disclaimer form which has questions like whether I understand immigration law, do I need more info etc. to read and sign which I did.

Handed-over all docs, passport and BRP and asked to go back to waiting area.

At 9:10, I was called for Biometric which I gave. Asked to wait again and at about 10:05, a security lady came and said there is IT issue across all UKBA offices and requested me and another couple to come after 1 hour.

Came back at 11:05 after having a tea at starbucks in High street which is very closeby and returned for an security check and waited till 12:05 after which I became restless and asked UKBA staff in uniform (not security) and she was polite enough to reply and said she is going to get my passport back to take biometric again which she felt would fasten up the process. Also, she said she will talk to case-worker to check the status and appeared 5 minutes later and confirmed from CW that my application will be decided in 45 minutes ie at 1 pm.

I said I will come back after lunch and again to High street for some McD burger. Returned after half hour and entered the office building and before the security check the security in the window asked if my token number is xxx and bingo!!! handed over my approval letter and documents.

The ordeal was finished and came out with a sense of relief.

Within less than 48 hours time, my BRP arrived and was delivered at home.

Happy ending and I will be very glad to help anyone with any questions they might have though I am not an expert.

In a nutshell, like most of the successful previous applicants, say time and again......Golden rules are:

Keep it simple and to the point
Give only what is specified
Be very organised- this will go a very very long way

Good luck to all of you.

God bless,

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!!!!

mohmedarif
Newly Registered

dependant application

Post by mohmedarif » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:24 am

Hi There,

you have mentioned that dependant will be applying it later . will dependant will use set(o) form to apply later ?

T1ilr

Post by T1ilr » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:11 am

No,

My son would be registered as BC
Wife will apply in FLR (M)

tirfk

Re: ILR success at Solihull on 2nd December

Post by tirfk » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:27 am

T1ilr wrote:Hello,

Like every other successful applicant, I am a silent spectator here. Thanks for all your inputs.

Here you go... Enjoy reading my story

Category: Tier 1 General (applied as an individual- my wife and son to apply later)
Profession: Self employed contractor

Documents submitted:

1) Set O
2) Passport + BRP
3) Photos
4) Summary of UKBA points calculator
5) Accountant letter
6) Contract papers covering before and during claim period
7) Invoices for before and during claim period
8) Dividend vouchers
9) Company bank statement for claim period only
10) Personal bank statement for claim period only
11) P60
12) Payslip
13) Company accounts for the FY covering claim period
14) Letter from my agency with rates, duration and a statement of invoices and payment made
15) Letter of absence for 31 days from me
16) E-tickets , marriage certificate and hotel accomodation as evidence of holiday
17) LIUK and IELTS original
18) Last 3 months bank statements (Original + online with bank seal) for finances evidence
19) Current contract
20) Current invoices
21) Current agency letter confirming contract, duration, rate, invoices raised and payments made

Back up docs : (did not give)

Tenancy agreement
Council tax bill
Management accounting for current FY
Current Dividend vouchers

Appointment at 8:30 am. Reached at 7:20 am and waited at a nearby coffee shop till 7:50 . Went to PEO and the security asked me to come at 8:25 am.

Went at 8:25 and finished airport style checking and was given a token.
At 8:45 my token number was called and went to the counter to hand-in documents.

I had put all my docs in 4 different transparent wallets and segregated as Cover -1 , Cover- 2A & 2B for earnings section and cover-3 for absence, LIUK and english language.

Photocopied all docs and put corresponding photocopies into Cover - 1 (P), 2A (P), 2B (P) and Cover- 3 (P). All wallets labelled with contents inside.
Photocopies of all pages of passport were left in Cover - 1(P).

The counter lady asked for docs 1 by 1. Before that she gave a disclaimer form which has questions like whether I understand immigration law, do I need more info etc. to read and sign which I did.

Handed-over all docs, passport and BRP and asked to go back to waiting area.

At 9:10, I was called for Biometric which I gave. Asked to wait again and at about 10:05, a security lady came and said there is IT issue across all UKBA offices and requested me and another couple to come after 1 hour.

Came back at 11:05 after having a tea at starbucks in High street which is very closeby and returned for an security check and waited till 12:05 after which I became restless and asked UKBA staff in uniform (not security) and she was polite enough to reply and said she is going to get my passport back to take biometric again which she felt would fasten up the process. Also, she said she will talk to case-worker to check the status and appeared 5 minutes later and confirmed from CW that my application will be decided in 45 minutes ie at 1 pm.

I said I will come back after lunch and again to High street for some McD burger. Returned after half hour and entered the office building and before the security check the security in the window asked if my token number is xxx and bingo!!! handed over my approval letter and documents.

The ordeal was finished and came out with a sense of relief.

Within less than 48 hours time, my BRP arrived and was delivered at home.

Happy ending and I will be very glad to help anyone with any questions they might have though I am not an expert.

In a nutshell, like most of the successful previous applicants, say time and again......Golden rules are:

Keep it simple and to the point
Give only what is specified
Be very organised- this will go a very very long way

Good luck to all of you.

God bless,

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!!!!
Hi Lucky you.. I was there in Solihul on 2nd december with my son (3 year old) and wife.. i think I recall you.. (You were the one offered the seat to keep the contractor's book on the seat next to you??)

Mine was not sorted and was told they will send all documents along with decision by special delivery.. I got them yesterday approved.. :)

MK123

Post by MK123 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:06 am

Congrats.

mego_1980

Post by mego_1980 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:44 pm

MK123 wrote:Congrats.
Congrats MK123

Do you have sample of this accountant letter? What did he write?
Did you submit last 3 business bank statement only..

Thanks