ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can someone kindly Advice Please!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

olarey

Can someone kindly Advice Please!

Post by olarey » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:46 pm

I am eligible to apply for Naturalization from 30th January 2014, however with regards to English Language - Can I use my UK Pg. Dip Certificate as Engish Lang. requirement or not? I also have IELTS result that meet this requirement but will expire by 10th March 2014 which is going to be about a month and 10 days from my impending application date, can i use this bearing in mind the timing on it.

2nd question - I was partly self employed in 2012 but stopped it in september 2012 when i move city for better job offer. I'm no longer self employed since then. my question is do i need to state in section 3 my employment status right now or together with my previous self employment.

many thanks

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:30 am

Ielts has been discussed a million times including the question whether expired ielts is acceptable or not. Browse the forum, and you will find the answer.

Does the application form ask you about your past employment/self employment history?

moha1212
Newly Registered

Post by moha1212 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:41 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:Ielts has been discussed a million times including the question whether expired ielts is acceptable or not. Browse the forum, and you will find the answer.

Does the application form ask you about your past employment/self employment history?
What are you trying to achieve Ayyubi72 ???? your comments are really repellant and make me feel sick , we've come to this forum seeking help and advice , not to receive such loathsome comments
Moderator, please stop this infantile attitude

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:02 pm

I actually haven't read the application form carefully. So I just want to know whether they ask for employment history.

If they ask "your employer's details" then I would assume that they are asking me for my present employers.

If they ask "your employment history for past x number of years" then I will mention my past employers details too.

I mean I have followed this principle since I started to fill various kinds of forms eg inland revenue, job applications, surveys and everywhere else.

When someone asks me where I work, I tell them where I work, and don't start to tell them where I have worked since the beginning of time.

People do need answers, and that is why the forum is there. But come on guys, browse the forum for a bit, do some leg work, and grasp some knowledge and information, rather than just slapping a query. It is disrespectful for the people who post correct information, that people just do not read what has been posted and just decide to slap exactly the same query again and again. Some members have done a great job and spent their time to write FAQ's. But it still doesn't stop people asking the things a dozen times a day which have already been mentioned in FAQ's.

And people need to show the ability of a primary school child when reading and making sense of information posted in plain and simple english.

Repeat childish queries do not do anything to add value to this forum.

I will get many politically correct comments, but sensible people will understand my point.

olarey

Post by olarey » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:43 pm

To Ayyubi72.

Thanks for your comment even though you lack manners in respecting other peoples point of view. i never direct my question to you but only those that can help.
the amount of money i'm going to spend on my application warrant me to be sure of everything i'm doing and if youre offended by it, you can as well ignore it.
people like you bully others on the internet but you expect everyone to behave like you or act like you. my question may sound like someone that doesnt have ability of primary school but im sure i know what im doing and i worked for every single penny im going to pay for me application.

you never even read my message to understand but only jump and conclude that i'm stupid. please kindly dont comment on peoples post if this is your attitude and if you if you feel you better than others or too intelligent to answer, you can as well direct them.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:20 pm

What I said was in response to post made by moha1212. I mistakenly assumed the response was from you.

After your initial post, I replied.

Ielts has been discussed a million times including the question whether expired ielts is acceptable or not. Browse the forum, and you will find the answer.

So, if you browse the forum for ten minutes, you will find that many a times it has been made clear that expired ielts is acceptable.

Same about the employment. If you read the application form, and give thought to what I said, then in a second you will know you do not need to provide employment/self employment history and employment or other economic activity is not even a requirement for naturalisation.

Even by having a casual browse of the forum, you will find both of your queries have been answered 100's of times.

If expired ielts is acceptable for Mr A and B and C and D, then surely it will be acceptable for Mr E.
There just will not be a different reply because now Mr F or G has asked the same question.

Same goes with the employment question.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:58 pm

also, it helps to read the relevant application forms and their guide documents published and freely downloadable from UKBA website. All the requirements are mentioned in those two documents. there can be no substitute for doing a little bit of reading these important documents.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

saayinla

Post by saayinla » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:58 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:What I said was in response to post made by moha1212. I mistakenly assumed the response was from you.

After your initial post, I replied.

So, if you browse the forum for ten minutes, you will find that many a times it has been made clear that expired ielts is acceptable.

Same about the employment. If you read the application form, and give thought to what I said, then in a second you will know you do not need to provide employment/self employment history and employment or other economic activity is not even a requirement for naturalisation.

Even by having a casual browse of the forum, you will find both of your queries have been answered 100's of times.

If expired ielts is acceptable for Mr A and B and C and D, then surely it will be acceptable for Mr E.
There just will not be a different reply because now Mr F or G has asked the same question.

Same goes with the employment question.
I support you 100% on your stand and I am of the opinion that if something is not requested in the application do not provide because the evil of this kind of post is that it puts doubt in other people's mind as to the validity of their application even though there was not cause for concern. I have personally learn to only supply the basic minimum requirements for any application with the UKBA or Elsewhere as this prevents unnecessary delays whatsoever.