ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement again..

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RDS3
Newly Registered

English language requirement again..

Post by RDS3 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:07 pm

My wife's qualification (diploma) does not show up on the point based calculator.

The degree certificate and medium of teaching was English.

So will she need to take english language test? or will I need UK Naric to certify that the diploma is comparable to something in UK.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Re: English language requirement again..

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:16 pm

RDS3 wrote:My wife's qualification (diploma) does not show up on the point based calculator.

The degree certificate and medium of teaching was English.

One minute. You say the qualification is diploma. Then you say that The degree certificate and medium of teaching was English.

So, were the qualifications received in Banana Republic who hand over a degree after studying for a diploma. ?

RDS3
Newly Registered

Post by RDS3 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:37 pm

Sorry for the typo. Its diploma NOT a degree.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:56 pm

So, a diploma is a diploma. A diploma is not a degree. A degree taught in english is required. A diploma taught in english is not a degree taught in english. Because if a diploma was a degree, then it would be called a degree and not a diploma. So, you need apple juice, and you yoursleves are saying that you are trying to extract apple juice by squeezing oranges. Not going to happen, is it?

RDS3
Newly Registered

Post by RDS3 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:54 pm

PBS calculator has diplomas as well. So some diplomas qualify for full points. But since this one does not is it worth sending for NARIC certificate?

Pqek

Post by Pqek » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:23 am

RDS3 wrote:PBS calculator has diplomas as well. So some diplomas qualify for full points. But since this one does not is it worth sending for NARIC certificate?
The requirement is to have a degree i.e. Bachelor, Masters or PHD. If your wife don't have any of them she would have to do an english test i.e. IELTS.

kkhan

Post by kkhan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:19 am

So, a diploma is a diploma. A diploma is not a degree. A degree taught in english is required. A diploma taught in english is not a degree taught in english. Because if a diploma was a degree, then it would be called a degree and not a diploma. So, you need apple juice, and you yoursleves are saying that you are trying to extract apple juice by squeezing oranges. Not going to happen, is it?
Mr Ayyubi72,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sometimes your posts are a bit rude............although you think they have humour..... so please stop this orange /apple/banana juice business here........
people can do typo mistakes as they have other things to do , so dont be so picky.....keep the things simple.

khan

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:04 pm

Yes, I may sound rude.

But come on guys, there are plenty of queris which even kids won't raise. This is supposed to be a serious forum, not a childish question and answer board.

How would you answer something like:

A shirt in shop is £ 10

I have a £ 5 note in my pocket.

Can someone confirm that a £ 5 note is equivalent to a £ 10 note.

RDS3
Newly Registered

Post by RDS3 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:51 pm

Pqek- Thanks all for reply.

Sorry for visiting this serious forum with my childish query.