ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family visitor visa rejected

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

suis

family visitor visa rejected

Post by suis » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:03 pm

hi all,
couple of months back i have applied for my mom and chennai visa office had been rejected my mom's visa for thier own fault,
one of the reason mentioned like bellow (in the lettery they provided) ,

"You state that you wish to visit your daughter in the UK for 2 weeks,
You state that you widowed and are financially dependent upon your daughter in the UK"

looking at that point ..its totally wrong, my mom is a mother of two son's (i am the younger one) .. and in the application that we filled online
we have clearly mentioned about it like bellow

" Who will pay for your expenses such as accommodation and food? - My own son "

also for all of the supporting letters we provided we specified its our mom (son ...not a dughter)

i think case worker must have mixed our application with some one else ...and made the decission.

i have a plan to re-apply this ..but again we have to pay the money and go through the same process...
anyway we cant appeal family visit application ....so the only way is to re-apply .. at the end of the day we are suffering by their own mistakes and they already charged from us for wrong decission made by them

could some one let me know what the options for my moms ?

thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:52 pm

But, aside from confusing the sex of the family member in the UK, what was the actual reason for the refusal? If they think she has no ties to India (social and economic ties that might motivate her to return to that land) then it will be very difficult to overcome. However, that is what you have to address in the next application. If she is completely dependant on your benevolence and she has no real means of her own, you may have a mountain to climb.

suis

Post by suis » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:35 pm

Lucapooka wrote:But, aside from confusing the gender of the family member in the UK, what was the actual reason for the refusal? If they think she has no ties to India (social and economic ties that might motivate her to return to that land) then it will be very difficult to overcome. However, that is what you have to address in the next application. If she is completely dependant on your benevolence and she has no real means of her own, you may have a mountain to climb.
thanks for your answer,
we already got enough evidence to break their arguments on my next appliations ,but my main concern is they took their decission based on my mom's daughter ....which is totally unfair .