ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for Naturalisation for Child Born Abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kibria

Documents for Naturalisation for Child Born Abroad

Post by Kibria » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:53 am

Hi Moderator
I have been searching for a section on website where I can find out the document that I need to send for citizenship for my son who was born abroad.

My understand is that I need to send the follow
- Child original passport
- Child original birth certificate
- Original Marriage certificate
- My Passport photocopy
- My citizenship certificate photocopy

Is there anything else I need to send? Sorry if the information is available on other sections of the website. Happy to be re directed

Regards
Kibria

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:39 am

List is OK.

I assume the child is now living in the UK and that the other parent has ILR.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Kibria

Post by Kibria » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:46 am

Jambo wrote:List is OK.

Thank you. Is it okay to send the photocopy of the passports or original have to be sent? This is because I have to travel and can't send the original. Is photocopy acceptable? I don't have British passport yet. Wife has got I.

Kibria

Post by Kibria » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:57 pm

Kibria wrote:
Jambo wrote:List is OK.

Thank you. Is it okay to send the photocopy of the passports or original have to be sent? This is because I have to travel and can't send the original. Is photocopy acceptable? I don't have British passport yet. Wife has got I.
And yes child is now living in UK. I tried to get an appointment via Nationality Checking Service however they refused to book the appointment saying my son who was born outside UK hasn't got ILR. However I have read that a child whose one parent holds ILR and other has got British citizenship can be registered as British citizen at the discretion of Home Secretary

The appointment officer just didn't understand and was not willing to book appointment so I am applying directly

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:03 pm

Read Q3 under Children in the FAQs link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=592354

You were also advised by Amber in the thread below that ILR was required for the child born abroad.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#955779
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.