ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application - delivery - SMS notifications?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fingerscrossed123

Passport Application - delivery - SMS notifications?

Post by fingerscrossed123 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:19 pm

Hi All,

I have just applied for my British Passport (through check and send).

I work full time so won't be able to be home at my home address through the working week. Anyway, I have nominated secure delivery. I have a couple of questions.

First, will they definitely require a signature or will they put it through my door slot (it only serves my house and no others so should by secure).

Second, do they notify you in advance (by SMS or email or something) before they deliver your returned documents and or new British passport so that you can try to be home for the delivery?

Thanks for your help! Merry Christmas to all.

:)

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:27 pm

They will not send sms to say your delivery is on the way.

Depending on the delivery person, they may drop it through the letter box without signature, if the delivery person thinks it is safe ie no one else will be able to get hold your post.