ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC APPLICATION WITH FIXED PENALTY NOT FOR DRIVING!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GuyFromTheUnknown
Newly Registered

BC APPLICATION WITH FIXED PENALTY NOT FOR DRIVING!

Post by GuyFromTheUnknown » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:53 pm

i wish to have expert help on this one, i got a fixed penalty fine for £60 the offence apparently could have led to arrest but because it was my first time on thee wrong side of the law thy issued the fine.

on the day i asked the police if i will have a criminal record they said no, they said it ends the day you pay the fine but if you fail to pay in-time which is 21 days then it will be a record and a warrant may be issued. i paid it in time and now i am applying for my BC i don't know if i should say it and where it applies on the AN FORM because the form asks for cautions, Reprimands, and convictions

PLS HELP

MattSule

Post by MattSule » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:05 pm

Since you paid ontime and was not summoned to court then you are fine.

You will have to declare it on your application if it happened in the last 12months.

KMothPur

Post by KMothPur » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:41 pm

GuyFromTheUnknown

As MattSule said, you have to declare. Always that is the best.

Also, before apply BC, you can check your records on Disclosure as well. But you have to pay some to get the same (not sure nearly £25 I think). One of my friend did the same thing, and he got it!

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:23 pm

You should not declare a fixed penalty.

HO clearly asks for convictions and clearly states that fixed penalties are not convictions and they do not form part of a person's criminal record.

No reason to mention something which HO does not want you to mention. The best idea with all application is not to include useless information.

There is no need to apply for any disclosures too. It will be a waste of money.

Apply as if nothing has happened.

GuyFromTheUnknown
Newly Registered

Post by GuyFromTheUnknown » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:32 pm

MattSule wrote:Since you paid ontime and was not summoned to court then you are fine.

You will have to declare it on your application if it happened in the last 12months.
are you sure about that coz that will put a smile on my face, offence happened September 2012 while my application for ILR was @ the HO so that did not affect anything in regards to ILR which i was granted 3 January 2013

MattSule

Post by MattSule » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:20 pm

GuyFromTheUnknown wrote:
MattSule wrote:Since you paid ontime and was not summoned to court then you are fine.

are you sure about that coz that will put a smile on my face, offence happened September 2012 while my application for ILR was @ the HO so that did not affect anything in regards to ILR which i was granted 3 January 2013
I am absolutely sure about my comment. Even if you add it to your application it will not affect anything.

KMothPur

Post by KMothPur » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:08 pm

MattSule wrote:
GuyFromTheUnknown wrote:

I am absolutely sure about my comment. Even if you add it to your application it will not affect anything.
I again agree with MattSule.... IMO declaring is best....

Ayyubi72, I didn't say to enclose the Disclosure in the application form. I just said to see GuyFromTheUnknown himself whether his records contains any convictions which will give the confidence for him.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:28 pm

I did not imply that either. All I said was that fixed penalties are not convictions and hence declaring them is not required anywhere. So declaring something that is not required is pointless. All it can do is cause confusion. On this very forum I have read at least one person's experience who declared a fixed penalty and a confused case worker refused the application. The decision was later reversed, but it caused some grief, anxiety and headache to the applicant. Same way the only point in disclosure is waste of money. Why should someone apply for disclosure when they know they have committed no crime.

And where would the paranoia which gets spread on forum stop? Start writing to all utility companies you ever dealt with to ask if you owe them anything and they have a ccj against you? Ask council to send confirmation that you do not owe them anything?

Best thing is, keep application simple and to the point. Make sure you mention what they ask for, and do not mention anything that they expressly say they do not want to know.

GuyFromTheUnknown
Newly Registered

Post by GuyFromTheUnknown » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:03 am

I understand what you saying and I believed exactly what you saying, I juss got questions after the new rules that came out mid year which removed the spend rule and required applicationts to mention it weather it was spent or not. This is why I had to as the question besides that I wouldn't even have asked the question I would have gone ahead n appliy without mentioning it. When I applied for ilr I had points on my license which I did not mention coz it was a FPN and that did not affect anything however the new rules made me shiver nway thanx for your advice m relieved :-)