ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ZinDaGi
Newly Registered

When to apply for ILR?

Post by ZinDaGi » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:28 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier 1 General, My initial visa was issued on 6th October 2009, and I came to UK on 27th December 2009, which is within 90 days. Now do I need to calculate my 4 year 11 months from 6th October or 27th December? Please advise. If from 6th October, is there any document to support this. Thanks.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Re: When to apply for ILR?

Post by navalaviator » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:37 am

ZinDaGi wrote:Hi,

I am on Tier 1 General, My initial visa was issued on 6th October 2009, and I came to UK on 27th December 2009, which is within 90 days. Now do I need to calculate my 4 year 11 months from 6th October or 27th December? Please advise. If from 6th October, is there any document to support this. Thanks.
Most probably from the day you entered in the UK and your passport stamps and visa will prove the facts that from what date was your visa valid from and when you entered in the country.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:38 am

Normally you can apply for ILR 28 days before the expiry of your leave but hey you need to have completed the required residence period before you apply as if you apply for more then 28 days before in advance of your current leave's expiry date then you will be refused (I don't know about work visa time periods required for ILR apart from the fact that you can apply 28 days before and must have completed 4 years 11 months and 2-3 days which leaves the window of 28 days to apply) and also if you haven't yet completed the required length of residence for ILR application then you will almost certainly be refused.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:00 am

From 28 days before 6th October 2014 as per:
Page 21 wrote:The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be counted toward the qualifying period, as long as it does not exceed 90 days. This can occur if the applicant is delayed travelling to the UK. Provided the period of delay does not exceed 90 days, it will not be counted as an absence.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ZinDaGi
Newly Registered

Post by ZinDaGi » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:55 pm

Thanks Amber