ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After ILR how soon i can apply for naturalization?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

everfor

After ILR how soon i can apply for naturalization?

Post by everfor » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:15 pm

I got my ILR, four month ago, due to nature of my work i required to apply the citizienship asap. Is it true for applying the naturalization should i wait to complete one year after ILR approval? From requirement url i can't find wait period for one year after ILR approval?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/

Please advise..Appreciate your reply..

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:33 pm

See similar question here.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:50 am

Everfor Following is the excerpt from the link page you have provided above.

Immigration time restrictions

You must be free from immigration time restrictions when you apply for naturalisation. Unless you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you should have been free from immigration time restrictions during the last 12 months of the residential qualifying period.

If you are free from immigration time restrictions, there will probably be a stamp or sticker in your passport saying that you have indefinite leave to enter or remain or no time limit on your stay. But you may have a letter from the Home Office saying that you are free from immigration conditions. See The documents we require for naturalisation applications for details of how to prove you are free from immigration time restrictions.

If you read carefully then you would realize that last 12 months free from immigration control is your ILR time period in which you have lived for one year free from the control as you are NOT free from immigration control while you are on a visa with expiry date and yes it doesn't explicitly say the word ILR but its interpretation is what I have just said. :D
Last edited by navalaviator on Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Re: After ILR how soon i can apply for naturalization?

Post by navalaviator » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:56 am

everfor wrote:I got my ILR, four month ago, due to nature of my work i required to apply the citizienship asap. Is it true for applying the naturalization should i wait to complete one year after ILR approval? From requirement url i can't find wait period for one year after ILR approval?

12 months is one year BTW. :roll:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

mycanal1

Re: After ILR how soon i can apply for naturalization?

Post by mycanal1 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:47 pm

you can apply asap if you are married to BRITISH CITIZEN , otherwise you have to wait 1 year. I also read somewhere on this forums that if one own a house, then some lawyer take risk of using HO discretion by applying at 9 months, but i do not recommend it. if they refuse you lose all the fee.i also heard that queue is very long due to recent new English requirement, a lots of ppl applied on 30 Nov. now 3+++ month required .
everfor wrote:I got my ILR, four month ago, due to nature of my work i required to apply the citizienship asap. Is it true for applying the naturalization should i wait to complete one year after ILR approval? From requirement url i can't find wait period for one year after ILR approval?