ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i apply for naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

smartyking
Newly Registered

can i apply for naturalization

Post by smartyking » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:46 am

hi all need some help,can i apply for naturalization as i have got ILR on 21 june 2013 as spouse of british citizen and I have following points to discuss..

1) I have 3 points on my driving licence which i have recieved on 31-01-2011 for having lose breaks of motorbike.

2) I am separated from my wife and we are no longer living together and she hasen't applied for legal separation yet.

3) Got arrested due to my step daughter accusing me of attacking her but later on released without any charges..

4) And finally i have got FPN 0n 4th december 2013 for Contravening the mandatory road signs.which i have paid straight away.

Now keeping all these points in my mind can i go for the neutralization and declare all these things in the application,and if I am applying as an indepent applicant (not as a spouse of British citizen ) then what documents do i have to attach with the application form AN???

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Re: can i apply for naturalization

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:16 pm

smartyking wrote:hi all need some help,can i apply for naturalization as i have got ILR on 21 june 2013 as spouse of british citizen and I have following points to discuss..

1) I have 3 points on my driving licence which i have recieved on 31-01-2011 for having lose breaks of motorbike.

If you got this points as fixed penalty points, then you do not need to disclose. If you got the points from court, then your naturalisation application will fail. You will have to wait 3 years from the date of conviction. Date of conviction will be noted on your counterpart license.

2) I am separated from my wife and we are no longer living together and she hasen't applied for legal separation yet.

It won't matter. But you must still fill in her details where asked for in the form. You do not need to fill in her passport number etc.

3) Got arrested due to my step daughter accusing me of attacking her but later on released without any charges..

Should not have any effect. But do not get in touch with your ex or her daugther. One day they might make more serious allegations, and you might have a tough time. You do not need to decalre the arrest, unless your details were recoded by police for an offence of a sexual nature.

4) And finally i have got FPN 0n 4th december 2013 for Contravening the mandatory road signs.which i have paid straight away.

Fixed penalty notices do not need to be declared. But you will need to send your counterpart license with the application.

Now keeping all these points in my mind can i go for the neutralization and declare all these things in the application,and if I am applying as an indepent applicant (not as a spouse of British citizen ) then what documents do i have to attach with the application form AN???

You can apply independently if you have been resident in UK for 5 years, and not before you have spent one year on ILR.

You are separated, but you can still apply as spouse of British Citizen, if you have spent 3 years in UK, and you do not need to wait one year after ILR. You will need her Birth certificate. If she was born in UK, then birth certificate can be easily obtained.

smartyking
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by smartyking » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:01 am

thank you so much for your help ,and the arrest wasn't made for any sexual offence so I hope i'll be fine with that,and the last thing is she wasn't born in the uk what shall I do in this case ???

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:51 pm

I am not sure whether you can apply without providing her Birth Cert or Passport. No idea if they will be satisfied with copy of these docs already on their file.

Perhaps some other members can tell if its not possible or not.

If it is not possible, then you will be able to apply in your own right after you have clocked 5 years in UK.