ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish national - sponsoring non-EEA parents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

WantToBeIrish
Newly Registered

Irish national - sponsoring non-EEA parents

Post by WantToBeIrish » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:03 pm

I need some advise regarding sponsoring my non-EEA parents to Ireland or UK as adult dependents.
I am an Irish national and I have been living and working in Ireland from more than 10 years. I have my other sibling living in UK(British national) and also participating in financial help.
Both of my parents are over 65. My all other siblings are abroad. We have all the documents to prove our parents financial dependency.
My mother stays quite unwell now and it is becoming difficult for my elderly father to manage the life on his own.
Due to recent changes in UK immigration, it is extremely difficult for my British brother to sponsor them to UK as his dependents.
So we have a dilemma now. Either I sponsor them to Ireland, which seems to be a very lengthy process again(right?) OR I move to UK (preferable way) and sponsor them there using my European treaty rights.
Which one is more quicker or more certain way of getting our parents here with us?
I would appreciate input from the forum members OR your personal experiences with these matters.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Re: Irish national - sponsoring non-EEA parents

Post by jinkazama_11 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:23 pm

WantToBeIrish wrote:I need some advise regarding sponsoring my non-EEA parents to Ireland or UK as adult dependents.
I am an Irish national and I have been living and working in Ireland from more than 10 years. I have my other sibling living in UK(British national) and also participating in financial help.
Both of my parents are over 65. My all other siblings are abroad. We have all the documents to prove our parents financial dependency.
My mother stays quite unwell now and it is becoming difficult for my elderly father to manage the life on his own.
Due to recent changes in UK immigration, it is extremely difficult for my British brother to sponsor them to UK as his dependents.
So we have a dilemma now. Either I sponsor them to Ireland, which seems to be a very lengthy process again(right?) OR I move to UK (preferable way) and sponsor them there using my European treaty rights.
Which one is more quicker or more certain way of getting our parents here with us?
I would appreciate input from the forum members OR your personal experiences with these matters.
I am not sure what is the process of an Irish national to bring his/her parents to Ireland as dependents.

Under the EU treaty rights you can do so.
Your best option is to move to UK and apply for their residence card their. You have to show that they are dependent on you. It is better to prove that they were dependent on you as you will be sponsoring them.
Your brother can do the same but it will be much harder for him to move back to UK with them, thanks to the witch Theresa May by introducing new requirements for SS.

WantToBeIrish
Newly Registered

Post by WantToBeIrish » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:15 pm

Thank you for your prompt reply jinkazama_11.
My concern is that my parents are not living with me(they are in Pakistan) so is this something that can cause problems in getting them invited to UK directly?
I have been following your other thread on similar topic. That has been a great help and I hope that recent changes in SS route will not impact you badly.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:00 pm

WantToBeIrish wrote:Thank you for your prompt reply jinkazama_11.
My concern is that my parents are not living with me(they are in Pakistan) so is this something that can cause problems in getting them invited to UK directly?
I have been following your other thread on similar topic. That has been a great help and I hope that recent changes in SS route will not impact you badly.
Is it possible to get Irish visit visa for them? Once in Ireland they can move to UK with you. you can also use Irish documents to show dependency.
In Netherlands a residence card is issued within 3 months and i think Germany is the same. I have been told that Lativa only takes few weeks to issue residence card to non eea family members but i am not 100% sure if this is the case.
I doubt UKBA will issue a residence card straight away, you most likely have to go through appeals which can take anything between 6-12 months.
explore your options before u move to uk as you aint really welcome there.

New App
Newly Registered

Post by New App » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:04 am

jinkazama_11 wrote:
Is it possible to get Irish visit visa for them? Once in Ireland they can move to UK with you. you can also use Irish documents to show dependency.
In Netherlands a residence card is issued within 3 months and i think Germany is the same. I have been told that Lativa only takes few weeks to issue residence card to non eea family members but i am not 100% sure if this is the case.
I doubt UKBA will issue a residence card straight away, you most likely have to go through appeals which can take anything between 6-12 months.
An Irish visit visa will not allow them reside in the uk ad of they are refused entry to the uk then it will cause problems for future Irish entry for them.

EU TREATY doesn't cover them it's for spouse and children (under18)

Dependent visa is only option and you must show funds of €20k per dependent per year plus medic insurance for each person

New App
Newly Registered

Post by New App » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:05 am

jinkazama_11 wrote:
An Irish visit visa will not allow them reside in the uk ad of they are refused entry to the uk then it will cause problems for future Irish entry for them.

EU TREATY doesn't cover them it's for spouse and children (under18)

Dependent visa is only option and you must show funds of €20k per dependent per year plus medic insurance for each person