ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unemployed for more than 9 months

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bbusybee
Newly Registered

Unemployed for more than 9 months

Post by bbusybee » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:08 am

Hello everyone!

I'm hoping someone would be able to help. I'll be applying for my ILR in January after 5 years of residence as a Tier 1 General migrant.

If I've been unemployed for the past 9 months would I be eligible for ILR? I've made the required earnings in the past 15 month period through my limited company.

Copied from caseworker guidance
The Secretary of State considers the granting of ILR in the UK to be a privilege and the continuous period requirement is the minimum amount of time which a migrant must spend in employment or being economically active in the UK before being eligible to qualify for ILR.

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:16 pm

If you have been paying yourself salary/dividend from your limited company during the period you did not have a contract then you are not unemployed, you are economically active.

Thats my understanding, lets see what others have to say.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:34 pm

Being economically active throughout the residence period is with regard to non-PBS work categories. ILR for T1(Gen) is based on scoring sufficient points, including those for your salary. So if, in the 12 months out of 15 you are choosing, you have a garnered a salary that is high enough to get the necessary points, you will not have a problem.
Last edited by Lucapooka on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:34 pm

Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

bbusybee
Newly Registered

Post by bbusybee » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:03 pm

Thanks all for your answers. One less worry now :-)

ranjeet1979

Post by ranjeet1979 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:26 pm

If one is having Tier -1 (general) visa for whole 5 years, there is no requirement for continuous employment for whole 5 years.