ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Using a doctor as a referee - Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

phospholipid

Using a doctor as a referee - Naturalisation

Post by phospholipid » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:48 pm

I've been at my local GP surgery for 8 years, but I have used many different doctors - I have asked if they would possibly fill out a referee form for me and they said they would.

I asked my doctor to be a referee and when they filled out the form they stated on the "how you know the applicant" part that I was a "patient of the GP surgery". However I'm sure that the referee has to have known me personally, which from that statement doesn't seem like so.

Would this be acceptable? I honestly don't know many other professional bodies - My Dentist refused so I went to my Doctor, who gave me this.

Any help please!!

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:57 pm

Just send the application. If HO is not satified, they will write to you and ask you to provide alternative referee.

By the way, tens of thousands of people have been approved who used doctors as referees.