ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cannot find a professional referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

phospholipid

Cannot find a professional referee

Post by phospholipid » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:55 pm

So over the last two weeks I've been doing the required tests and filling out the form required for naturalisation. I'm now at the referee stage and I have my neighbour of whom is over 25 and holds a British passport, so that's one referee done. However, I cannot find a suitable professional referee. I have asked my doctor, and they have refused and said they don't do "this kind of thing". I have asked my dentist and she said she doesn't feel comfortable putting her information so refused to do it. I have asked my optician and they told me to go ask my doctor as they also don't do it. I have gone to an old school teacher, but he has been made redundant and I have no other teachers who know me to a personal level for three or more years.

I now have no idea what else to do, I'm 18 so I don't know many professionals who could help me. My friend suggested that he could ask his friend who is a professional engineer, but I have not known this engineer for 3 or more years and I don't want to commit fraud. Other than that, I'm clueless on what to do. He also said that he used a solicitor who charges £40 to do it, but again - I do not know this solicitor for 3 or more years.

The only other option is a neighbour of mine of whom I've known since I moved in (more than 3 years). I think he will do it, however he is a graphics designer (employed at a company).

Could someone please suggest what I could do?

VR

Best Bet

Post by VR » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:43 pm

phospholipid,

Get a Minister of Religion from a Church/Mosque/Temple depending on what religion you belong to.

Cheers
vr

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:07 pm

*if you belong to a faith.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:35 pm

Amber_ wrote:*if you belong to a faith.
Even if you do not belong to a faith, you can still get reference from a minister of religion. :wink:

If you are employed, your manager can sign. If you know someone who is a manager, s/he can sign.

If you are self employed, then your accountant can sign. (If s/he is a chartered accountant). Actually any chartered accountant, no just your's.

Anyone running a VAT registered LTD company can sign. This can be a shopkeeper, milkman, window cleaner, electrician, plumber, builder, van man or anyone else.

If you are really sure that there is absolutely no one in this world who can be your other referee, then get a reference from whoever you can, and if HO raises any questions, you can explain you do not know any such person.

VR

Sorry Amber :-)

Post by VR » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:56 pm

Forgot that bit! Yup I was shocked to see in England there is an increasing trend where people increasingly do not believe in God.

Cheers
vr :lol:

PS: At work when someone sent me a mail, How are you doing? I replied BY HIS GRACE fine! and I got a long mail back requesting me not to refer to God and offend sensibilities!! LOL

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Sorry Amber :-)

Post by huqqapani » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:38 pm

VR wrote:Forgot that bit! Yup I was shocked to see in England there is an increasing trend where people increasingly do not believe in God.

Cheers
vr :lol:

PS: At work when someone sent me a mail, How are you doing? I replied BY HIS GRACE fine! and I got a long mail back requesting me not to refer to God and offend sensibilities!! LOL
This actually cracked me up... what in the world ___

rikken

Post by rikken » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:45 pm

A few years back I was planning to apply and I didn't know anyone who met the description (I'd just moved to the UK).

I remember calling UKBA and asking about this, they advised to find someone that meets the professional requirement and to attach a note stating this and advise how long you have known them for, in my case it was less than three years.

As long as you are up front with it you should be fine.