ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - Tier2 ICT , Croydon 11Dec

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

applyforILR

ILR Success - Tier2 ICT , Croydon 11Dec

Post by applyforILR » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:30 pm

Thanks for all the support and advices during my preparation for ILR.

Though because of some health issues I preferred to take less stress and went via solicitor, but this forum helped me in understanding a lot about ILR application and gave me confidence. Thanks to everyone who replies and posts on this forum.

I would like to encourage all the Tier2 ICT people stuck with the temporariness of their visa here. Please do make all the efforts and it will turn out fine.

I was on Tier2 ICT and just 3 months before my ILR date, I got to know that my project was getting wrapped up and I was being asked to leave after completing 4 yrs and 8 months. After some struggle I was shifted to another project, I was running out of time. So i applied exactly at the 28th day before the first visa stamping.
Getting the letters from employer also seemed tough but turned out fine when I started chasing them up. I made them realise that I would resign if they dont provide the letters. They understood that i might stay longer if they provide me the letters.

I had booked the appointment and collected all the documents. Though for both me and depndent university was listed in PBC, still we spent 250pounds and got ESOL certificate, which wasn't needed at all.
I booked the solicitor at the last moment as all the stress was eating me up a lot. All that the solicitor did was take all the headache on the final day only. I and my dependant just sat in the croydon cafeteria having coffee and he got all the work done.

Documents provided:
last 12 payslips, last 12 bank statements, LIUK test, employer letter and letter of absences from employer, dependent degree certificate and PBS calculator printout showing 10 points for english.

Cohab-docs: I had collected many many letters but there were only 4 used: Council tax statements for last 2 years, last 2 months bank statement of my dependent and his last 4 payslips. Also the marriage certificate.

End to end it took around less than 2 hrs.
Tips for anyone applying:
- Dont go overboard in collecting documents. Carry everything with you for any bad scenarios but use minimal docs in application.
- P60s/employment history are not compulsory for Tier 2 ICt. If you have them, its good, otherwise also its fine.
-For Tier2 ICT, employer letters is a must and the only thing which will almost gaurantee your ilr .. Please go ahead and ask for it from employer..they might hesitate and give excuses but be ready with your replies. They are bound to give it and they know it.
- the official in PEO who enters data is just a data entry person, he is not the caseworker. These ppl sometimes act as if they are the case workers. Sometimes while they are entering data, they would say things like, It has been a bad start today etc., :) dont worry, they are not the ones to take decision and the data they are entering would be verified later during Biometrics. :)

For me the brp cards arrived on the 2nd day. all was smooth.
Any questions are welcome.

t_india

Post by t_india » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:35 pm

Contrats applyforILR on your successful application.
Thanks for your tips

applyforILR

Post by applyforILR » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:37 pm

Also, the solicitor had attached a cover letter by himself on the application, where he had confirmed that he has checked all my documents and that I am eligible for ILr. I think that helped in getting it passed quickly. I submitted biometrics by 9.45 and had the ILR letter in my hand by 11.15 :)

applyforILR

Post by applyforILR » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:37 pm

thanks t_india! :)

answerme
Newly Registered

Post by answerme » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:45 pm

Congratulations, please can you provide me the solicitor details.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:29 am

Congratulations.

But the solicitors letter would not count for anything, and not a bit on you being approved for ILR. The decision was based on your immigration and employment records, and you meeting the requirements for ILR under your category.

If you have children, start working on their Child Benefits application. But you won't need a solicitor to see if you qualify. The online form has all the right questions you can answer.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

dalta41

How did you count 28 days before

Post by dalta41 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:36 pm

Hi applyforILR,

For me i have issued visa on 8th Feb but enter UK on 20 March so should I count 28 days before 8th or 20th march?

Many thanks
dalta41

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:52 pm

Congrats applyforILR!

Can you please post your first visa stamping date from which date you calculated 11-Dec to be the 28th day ?

Macco

Post by Macco » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:40 pm

Many congratulations !!! As I am also on Tier-2(ICT), am due for ILR next month. Today I downloaded Set(o) form and found a long section#9 (SECTION 9 - TIER 1 POINTS SCORING ASSESSMENT). So being on ICT-Tier-2, I need to leave is blank ? I mean I couldn't see any relevant section corresponding to this section for Tier-2 ? I can simply leave section 9 and jump on to SECTION 10 - BIOMETRIC RESIDENCE PERMITS. Just confirming rather to regret later. Also Can we fill Set(o) form online ?

Macco

Post by Macco » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:25 pm

Can any one help me to understand, why relevant section is not there for Tier-2(ICT), and could be rightly skipped. @Amber : Looking for few words from you. thanks,,

notknown1
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success - Tier2 ICT , Croydon 11Dec

Post by notknown1 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:57 pm

Dear Applyfor ILR ,

Is it mandatory to have the SOC code mentioned in the employer letter. I have all the details in the employer letter except SOC code.

Thanks.