ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Card error

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gd_Shepherd

BRP Card error

Post by gd_Shepherd » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:26 pm

Dear all,

Recently I and my wife applied for a visa i.e. Leave to Remain. We both received our BRP cards with visa. Unfortunately my wife's BRP had an error in place of birth. Upon writing to UKBA BRP Error team, we received a reply asking us to send back the BRP and Passport with a covering letter to a FreePost address based in Bristol. I am yet to receive acknowledgement of the receipt of documents.

Has anyone got any experiences sending the documents to the FreePost PO Box in Bristol. Kindly share. This is because the Post office staff were perplexed by this address.

Thanks in advance,

Shepherd

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:44 pm

Do you really think that HO is playing some kind of silly game and asking people to send documents to some unknown or wrong address.

Why were the post office people perplexed by the address? Do they think that Bristol is a non-existent city? Or does Bristol have no PO Boxes?

:lol:

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:05 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:Do you really think that HO is playing some kind of silly game and asking people to send documents to some unknown or wrong address.

Why were the post office people perplexed by the address? Do they think that Bristol is a non-existent city? Or does Bristol have no PO Boxes?

:lol:
Thanks for the response. I am not sure why the post office staff asked that. It is not about the city. They were reluctant to book a special delivery to the PO BOX.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:54 pm

'Special delivery' implies delivered to a person, usually the accepting person ( mail room, reception, etc) signing for it. This is not possible with post box, free post or not.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

z18runway

Re: BRP Card error

Post by z18runway » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:50 pm

gd_Shepherd wrote:Dear all,

Recently I and my wife applied for a visa i.e. Leave to Remain. We both received our BRP cards with visa. Unfortunately my wife's BRP had an error in place of birth.
Shepherd
what kind of error, spelling mistake, or last few letters missing ?

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:43 pm

z18runway wrote: what kind of error, spelling mistake, or last few letters missing ?
Only the first letter of the Place of birth was a mistake. I have already sent the BRP and Passport with a covering letter as advised by them.

Shepherd

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:52 am

gd_Shepherd wrote:
z18runway wrote: what kind of error, spelling mistake, or last few letters missing ?
Only the first letter of the Place of birth was a mistake. I have already sent the BRP and Passport with a covering letter as advised by them.

Shepherd
well done, now be patient, this will take time.

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:58 pm

Hi,
To update everyone my wife received the corrected BRP today. The timelines are as follows

Date of posting: 18-Dec-2013
Documents sent: Passport,BRP card and covering letter sent using a special delivery envelope
Acknowledgment received: 26-Dec-2013
Passport received: 31-Dec-2013
BRP received: 03-Jan-2014

Thanks to one and all who helped

Regards,
Shepherd