ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Monthly Reporting

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tissa
Newly Registered

Monthly Reporting

Post by tissa » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:11 pm

Hi

I am an asylum seekr, reporting monthly to UKBA office. My case falied last times and i m on my fresh application now. I didnt have any kind of interviews since I launched new application. Once I went last week to report as usual, they verified my details such as back home address, parents name, my church name etc. And took my photo as well.

Can any one tell me why is that? Are they just updating my details?

And they gave me a different date for reporting in next month.

Please let me know if anyone have an idea..
tx

peppekalle

Re: Monthly Reporting

Post by peppekalle » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:54 pm

tissa wrote:Hi

I am an asylum seekr, reporting monthly to UKBA office. My case falied last times and i m on my fresh application now. I didnt have any kind of interviews since I launched new application. Once I went last week to report as usual, they verified my details such as back home address, parents name, my church name etc. And took my photo as well.

Can any one tell me why is that? Are they just updating my details?

And they gave me a different date for reporting in next month.

Please let me know if anyone have an idea..
tx
Are you asking on behalf of your friend http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic. ... ht=#965520 or you also have similar queries?When you are signing on next ask the officers why they changed the day.You could phone them and ask instead of waiting till the reporting day.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:15 am

peppekalle wrote:
IYou could phone them and ask instead of waiting till the reporting day.
Ask them what? To explain why they have changed reporting date? Is there a legal right to be on a certain reporting date? They have changed the reporting date for whatever reason. What difference does it make?

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:57 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:
peppekalle wrote:
IYou could phone them and ask instead of waiting till the reporting day.
Ask them what? To explain why they have changed reporting date? Is there a legal right to be on a certain reporting date? They have changed the reporting date for whatever reason. What difference does it make?
The OP wants to know why they have changed the day for the reporting maybe on the particular day he has some other obligations.

They are better placed to answer the query.To the OP if you really cant make it that day phone them up and explain and they will arrange another appointment.

tissa
Newly Registered

Post by tissa » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:27 pm

Hi Tx for your replies... Actually they have told its due to busy schedule becuase of closing times for christmas and new year..

Actually what my friend scared is whether they are going to detain him ( to deport) as they got lots of details of him

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:44 pm

tissa wrote:Hi Tx for your replies... Actually they have told its due to busy schedule becuase of closing times for christmas and new year..

Actually what my friend scared is whether they are going to detain him ( to deport) as they got lots of details of him

Please read this and share the information with your friend.
http://www.no-deportations.org.uk/Resou ... uMust.html

Tell your friend when he is reporting and invited for interview at the back room tell him to refuse and insist the interview be done openly.The interview is a ruse to detain him.

If they insist walk out calmly don't run the security guards are not allowed to chase anyone and get hold of the solicitor.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:55 pm

peppekalle wrote:
tissa wrote:Hi Tx for your replies... Actually they have told its due to busy schedule becuase of closing times for christmas and new year..

Tell your friend when he is reporting and invited for interview at the back room tell him to refuse and insist the interview be done openly.The interview is a ruse to detain him.

If they insist walk out calmly don't run the security guards are not allowed to chase anyone and get hold of the solicitor.
But they can get arrested by the immigration officers that work in the building, or by police. They can also get their door smashed in by police or immigration so they can be arrested and detained.

Just pointing this out.

If you want to make yourself even more likely to be detained, follow peppekalle's advice.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:56 pm

The date could have changed simply because some days have ended up busier than others over time.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:15 pm

PaperPusher wrote:
peppekalle wrote:

But they can get arrested by the immigration officers that work in the building, or by police. They can also get their door smashed in by police or immigration so they can be arrested and detained.

Just pointing this out.

If you want to make yourself even more likely to be detained, follow peppekalle's advice.
It is cost effective to arrest people when they report than to arrest them at home.Please come and tell us what happened next if your buddy decides to go for the interview in the back office.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:10 pm

Obviously it would more cost less in terms of resources to arrest someone when they report rather than go to their home.

A person who is reporting is a person who is liable to be detained. That is what the law says, and some people simply have no basis to remain in the UK. They come to the end of the line. Their cases fail. Their appeals are dismissed, they have no chance of being given leave to remain in the UK.

Running, or walking away, is just delaying the inevitable. Unless you recommend not reporting at all (a criminal offence) or moving without informing the Home Office (a criminal offence).

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:45 pm

PaperPusher wrote:Obviously it would more cost less in terms of resources to arrest someone when they report rather than go to their home.

A person who is reporting is a person who is liable to be detained. That is what the law says, and some people simply have no basis to remain in the UK. They come to the end of the line. Their cases fail. Their appeals are dismissed, they have no chance of being given leave to remain in the UK.

Running, or walking away, is just delaying the inevitable. Unless you recommend not reporting at all (a criminal offence) or moving without informing the Home Office (a criminal offence).
Not everyone reporting is liable to be detained.I remember reporting for ages even after my appeal was successful.

I think that is how the system is meant to work but in reality we have people reporting who have been successful in their appeals.

I remember asking the clerk at the reporting center why am i still reporting yet my appeal was successful they informed me i have to report till i get my papers.

One of my first questions in this board was help regarding reporting while my appeal was successful.

I haven't suggested for anyone not to report at all it will be the worst thing they can do.

tissa
Newly Registered

Post by tissa » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:00 pm

HI , , he went to the reporting. And he has to wait around 5-6 hours. They have conducted an interview. Also they have told that they are going to make his travel documents. Today we got to know the case has refuses.

Can any one help please...Please tell what is the next option. What we can do to stop deporting him. Can we appeal for the high court/

Please let me know

tx

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Have you been given right of appeal?Please do so if you have and i reccomend you get legal help with the appeal.

tissa
Newly Registered

Post by tissa » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:18 pm

tx for your response. yes solicitor said we can appeal high court. do you know in case it also failed whether we have any option? Please advice

tx

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:43 am

tissa wrote:tx for your response. yes solicitor said we can appeal high court. do you know in case it also failed whether we have any option? Please advice

tx
If you cant convince the judges then that is the end of the road unfortunately.

tissa
Newly Registered

Post by tissa » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:10 am

tx for your response. He is here for 12 years. Can you please give any sugesstions. He is in bad medical condition as well. He is really upset about this.