ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of cohabitation - am really worried now.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

atman
Newly Registered

Proof of cohabitation - am really worried now.

Post by atman » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:58 pm

reading this forum people are suggesting that Bank Statements are the least worthwhile to submit, is this the case? I live with my parents and they pay the council tax and bills so my wife and I only really have bank statements to offer as proof.

Could I submit my driving licence. Although it does not have a date my driving licence does have my current address - by law a driving licence has to be current so can I submit this?

Also, my council provides letters confirming that person x lives at address xyz. Would it be permissible for me to submit these letters as well?

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Re: Proof of cohabitation - am really worried now.

Post by navalaviator » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:41 am

atman wrote:reading this forum people are suggesting that Bank Statements are the least worthwhile to submit, is this the case? I live with my parents and they pay the council tax and bills so my wife and I only really have bank statements to offer as proof.

Could I submit my driving licence. Although it does not have a date my driving licence does have my current address - by law a driving licence has to be current so can I submit this?

Also, my council provides letters confirming that person x lives at address xyz. Would it be permissible for me to submit these letters as well?
You have to provide 6 joint letters from at least 3 different sources spread equally over two years of your spouse visa, merely submitting a letter from parents to confirm that you lived together during the spouse visa probationary period in absence of all the essential proof will NOT be enough.

Having said that you should have contemplated and taken profound interest in collecting and keeping the letters safe for ILR time but as you didn't bother to at least read the form set(M) and its accompanying guidance has I am afraid led you into a stark dilemma.

Bank statements, Letters from GP, NHS registration, NI Number registration, any other appointments whether medical or Job interview letters, letters from Bank, even letters from Tesco club card, boots membership offer letters, any other letters showing your and your wife's name on the same address, electoral registration, polling cards, P60's and P45's, payslips, letter from council to confirm that you both did live together as a last resort, Letters from HMRC, letters from government gateway, Driving licences along with paper counter parts etc. etc.

Basically anything which shows your and your wife's name would be a last resort in an attempt to corroborate and convince the officials that you DID live together and that your marriage is still subsisting after two years.