ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jobs available - police force in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Jobs available - police force in Ireland

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:22 pm

www.publicjobs.ie

An Garda Siochana - Irish police officer jobs

Closing date 09/01/2014

Pay is quite good, pension is very good, conditions of service very good, outside employment is permitted, few academic qualifications are required, foreign languages would be an advantage as officers are needed to deal with the large migrant community now living in Ireland. You need to be quite healthy to pass the medical exam.

I am hoping that a lot of immigrants will apply for these positions, beloved is a growing problem in Ireland and one of the best solutions to beloved is to get individuals from minority communities into public service jobs. Police officers are in a great position to reduce beloved in Irish society, but to do this police officers from minority communities are needed. (I have no connection with this employer, but I am working on a project at present which is designed to get more immigrants into public service jobs, and I hope that a significant number of immigrants will apply for the police officer jobs).

This is a guess, but I think they will hire at least one from each minority community/language/faith that applies. So if you are the only applicant who speaks Turkish/Japanese..., then you have a very good chance of being hired.
BL

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:45 pm

You're a star Brigid!

affan546
Newly Registered

Post by affan546 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:48 am

but they require stamp 4 and irish passport..

New App
Newly Registered

Post by New App » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:53 pm

affan546 wrote:but they require stamp 4 and irish passport..
you will also be required to wear full uniform, persons who's religion or culture who require head dress will not be permitted to complete training without wearing full official garda head dress

Latintraveller

Re: Jobs available - police force in Ireland

Post by Latintraveller » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:11 pm

I havent noticed any requirement to have an Irish passport. The requirements mentioned in the booklet you can download are:

(i) Be a national of a European Union Member State; or

(ii) Be a national of a European Economic Area State or the Swiss Confederation; or

(iii) Be a Refugee under the Refugee Act, 1996; or

(iv) Have had a period of one year‟s continuous residence in the State on the closing date of
the advertisement for the competition for the vacancy to which the admission relates, and
during the eight years immediately preceding that period, has had a total residence in the
State amounting to four years; or

(v) Has been granted subsidiary protection, or is a family member of such a person, in
compliance with the Admissions and Appointments Regulations 2013.

http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/cam ... ooklet.htm

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:42 pm

The medical exam is strict,but that is the only real problem.

That and the fact that there are a lot of applicants for a very few positions.
BL

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:36 pm

The medical exam is strict,but that is the only real problem.
The need to be under 35 could also be a real problem.