ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

FOSAHA
Newly Registered

English Language Requirement

Post by FOSAHA » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:51 pm

Hi ,

I will be aplying for BC in few weeks time. I have done my MSc and PHd from UK. Do i need to take certificate from UK naric that these degrees were taught in english?
i have already passed my Life in uk test.

Regards.

FOSAHA.

Amber
Mood:

Re: English Language Requirement

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:15 pm

No you do not.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

FOSAHA
Newly Registered

Post by FOSAHA » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:39 pm

Many thanks for your prompt response. So what option I'll have to select in AN form in language section.

trend
Newly Registered

Post by trend » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:12 am

For question 1.22 on Form AN, tick the first box "I have passed life ......" and fill in the test number
tick the option "I have obtained an academic qualification ....." AND
then tick option (ii) - "the qualification was taught or researched in the UK ....."

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:28 pm

Hi
I read in the other post that people who got degrees from the UK still need a NARIC certificate to confirm it was taught in english. please carify this confussion with if you have any links sayin NARIC is not required
regards
trend wrote:For question 1.22 on Form AN, tick the first box "I have passed life ......" and fill in the test number
tick the option "I have obtained an academic qualification ....." AND
then tick option (ii) - "the qualification was taught or researched in the UK ....."

trend
Newly Registered

Post by trend » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:24 pm

Pls refer to this post:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 145#946145

The general advice is that if the PBS points calculator gives you 10 points for your UK qualification, you automatically qualify. This info can be found on the link below:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... nstrating/

Not sure why they would expect you to provide a NARIC cert to confirm that your UK qualification meets the standards of a UK qualification?

If you are still in doubt, you can send an email to FurtherNationalityEnquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

also have a look at this fact sheet that HO usually send out to queries regarding the new KOL / English requirements

https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... QFbpZnl6m0