ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN1 Application Pack

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

man4uni

AN1 Application Pack

Post by man4uni » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:49 pm

Hi Guys,

I will be applying for my Naturalization within a month, however I would like to seek an opinion of senior members...

A bit of background ...

2008 HSMP
2010 Tier-1
2012 ILR

I am planning to apply via NCS

Please find my application pack details below:

1. SET (AN1) application form - completed and signed
2. Nationality Fee leaflet - completed and signed
2. PP size photograph of me
3. Copy of LiUK cert (as original was kept by HO at the time of ILR)
4. Copy of my Bachelor's degree.
5. Copy of my consolidated marks for all the semesters.
6. Copy of points based calculator sheet from http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

Do you guys reckon that I should apply for UK NARIC ELA (English Language Assessment) or UK NARIC SoC (Statement of Comparability) ? *just in case*

Regarding the absence from UK, it's only 124 days... So I believe I shouldn't be worried about it.

Any feedback/opinion/suggestion is very much appreciated.

man4uni

Re: AN1 Application Pack

Post by man4uni » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:07 pm

Any help is very much appreciated ... specially related to UK NARIC ELA (English Language Assessment) or UK NARIC SoC (Statement of Comparability)

trend
Newly Registered

Re: AN1 Application Pack

Post by trend » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:28 pm

According to this link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... nstrating/

As long as you send a print out of the PBS points calculator showing you are awarded 10 points for your degree, you do not need a NARIC cert.

"UK NARIC regularly update the online points based calculator with information about various degrees. If you obtained a degree overseas and were awarded ten points for English language skill, you can submit evidence from the online points calculator, together with your original degree certificate, to demonstrate that you can satisfy the English language element of the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KOLL) requirement. "