ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Interview - Failure? Second Interview

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fingerscrossed123

Passport Interview - Failure? Second Interview

Post by fingerscrossed123 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:03 am

Hi All,

I am going in for my British Passport interview soon. I understand that the purpose of the interview is to prevent identity fraud and so the interview is not an "exam" or pass / fail type of scenario as such (unless, of course, the interviewer does not think you are genuinely the person you say you are).

Anyway, my question is, has anyone been asked to go in again for a second or third interview because they did not answer all of their questions correctly at their first interview? My friend told me that a friend of a friend had to go in again because they got a couple of questions wrong at their first interview. Based on what I've read on here and elsewhere on the internet this seems like an extremely unlikely scenario as it looks like most people are fine as long as the interviewer is sure and comfortable that the interviewee is who they say they are (and getting a few questions wrong is ok as long as they're sure you're you).

Any feedback would be welcome!

Happy New Year to all. I wish you all, health, wealth and happiness for 2014 (plus lots of success with your applications)! :)

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Passport Interview - Failure? Second Interview

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:33 am

UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

fingerscrossed123

Re: Passport Interview - Failure? Second Interview

Post by fingerscrossed123 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:12 pm