ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invitation or approval. I am confused!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

desertlord

Invitation or approval. I am confused!!

Post by desertlord » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:23 pm

Guys,

i received a letter from HO liverpool stating " Citizenship invitation"
"I am pleased to tell you your application has been approved etc
please contact council detailed below to arrange for cermony"

Now, I never received an approval letter, is this an approval letter or ceremoney or compined?

Do I need anything else to attend my ceremony?

jotter
Member of Standing

Re: Invitation or approval. I am confused!!

Post by jotter » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:52 pm

Hi desertlord,

This certainly looks like your approval. Can you remind us of your application timeline, including the method of application you used?

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:54 pm

Yes, but do I still need to wait for something else to attend ceremony?

VR

Post by VR » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:32 pm

Contact the Council helpline (a 03 number). They will tell you when your certificate is expected and once you get your invitation, call the number on it (with the Reference) and fix up your appointment. Its a wee little wait. Good thing is you are nearly there.
cheers
vr

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:00 pm

[quote="VR"]Contact the Council helpline (a 03 number). They will tell you when your certificate is expected and once you get your invitation, call the number on it (with the Reference) and fix up your appointment. Its a wee little wait. Good thing is you are nearly there.
cheers
vr[/quote]
Vr , mate

The letter says

" Citizenship invitation" .I am only asking becuase I didn't receive approval letter

lifofifo

Post by lifofifo » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:19 pm

desertlord wrote:I am only asking becuase I didn't receive approval letter
Yes, you did!

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:47 pm

desertlord wrote:Guys,

i received a letter from HO liverpool stating " Citizenship invitation"
"I am pleased to tell you your application has been approved etc
please contact council detailed below to arrange for cermony"

Now, I never received an approval letter, is this an approval letter or ceremoney or compined?

Do I need anything else to attend my ceremony?
Home Office sometimes send two letter and some times they send one combined letter (approval + invitation) , In this instance you have received the approval and invitation combined in one letter. I also received the same..So just follow the instruction in the letter to arrange for your ceremony and you will be all sorted.

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:49 pm

Do you mean I received a combined approval/ invitation together or this just approval and I should wait for council to invite me to ceremony. I am so confused! !! It says
Citizenship invitation. Your application is approved and contact your council within 21 days of this letter. Please take this invitation to the ceremony. "
Is that it? Shall I now book ceremony or for something else?

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:50 pm

The type of letter you get normally depends upon how you applied (direct application via post or through your council/NCS). This was the reason for my earlier question. As VR mentioned above, you now need to contact your council on the number that was provided and they will instruct you further. They can answer any questions you have about the ceremony.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:56 pm

desertlord wrote:Do you mean I received a combined approval/ invitation together or this just approval and I should wait for council to invite me to ceremony. I am so confused! !! It says
Citizenship invitation. Your application is approved and contact your council within 21 days of this letter. Please take this invitation to the ceremony. "
Is that it? Shall I now book ceremony or for something else?
Yes please contact the council to book the ceremony as stated in the letter and take this letter with you. You don't need to wait for any other letters....

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:21 pm

lynxukauq,

Cheers mate.

My dear Jotter,

I applied VIA NCS, I will update all details once attend ceremony. The reason for confusion is that NCS told me you receive 3 letters and ack, approval and finally invitation so thought they know better but here I am I received what appears to be combined letter

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:45 pm

Hey desertlord, I can see why you were confused. The way that NCSs handle ceremonies can vary from one to the next. Hopefully after calling your NCS all will be clear. Congratulations on your approval.