ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS or Post? Which one is faster?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pushpam
Newly Registered

NCS or Post? Which one is faster?

Post by pushpam » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:34 pm

Hi all,

Need some help here. I plan to apply for the BCS soon, and this seems to be a long process and I want to take the shortest route - which option do you think is the fastest? Post (signed for next day) or NCS?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NCS or Post? Which one is faster?

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:15 pm

it really doesnt make much different but using ncs you get to keep your passport and original docs
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ged

Post by Ged » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:09 pm

This is not what you asked but here is a fact from 2009;

"2.4% NCS applications refused compared to 12.2% where an agent (eg. Solicitor) has been used and 11.6% where no representation used"

Source: LRSA Citizenship and NCS Conference London 27th November 2009

pushpam
Newly Registered

Post by pushpam » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:37 pm

Thanks CR001 and Ged. I'll probably go with NCS. My only concern is whether they know that to prove Knowledge of English Language can be evidenced as a print out of the points calculator and degree certificate, and I don't really need to apply for NARIC.

Should I ask this question as a separate post here?

Ged

Post by Ged » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:58 pm

You should be able to have a chat with them when you call them for taking the appointment. When you call them, just ask them if they are aware of the issue of the point based calculator.

pushpam
Newly Registered

Post by pushpam » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:17 pm

Called the Council NCS department but they dont have a clue, they asked me to call "the Government"

But anyway, at this link I found the below, which confirms a print out is OK:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ification/

If you have a degree taught in English:

A printout from the points-based calculator confirming the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English; or

If your degree is not on the points-based calculator, an original letter and/or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of the qualification, and an original letter from the university or awarding institution on official headed paper confirming your name, the title of the degree, and showing the qualification was taught in English;

nurul.islam
Newly Registered

Post by nurul.islam » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:18 pm

Hi Pushpam.Wondering if you have plans of going ahead by submitting a printout of the awarded points confirming your degree. I too would be applying for naturalization soon and have obtained about 30 points on the points calculator for my degree.I am unsure just like you if this form of evidence in the form of a printout would be accepted or not. We could also obtain a confirmation letter from UK NARIC but the printout would save us the hassle of contacting NARIC for this. Thanks.

Scanner

Post by Scanner » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:34 pm

May just add that the reason NCS seems more succesful is because they review your application to ensure you have completed the form correctly and included all the necessary documentation. That is how far it goes. It does not mean that if you apply through NCS the H/O will give preferencial consideration to your application. So to answer the original question, it does not matter if you use NCS or Post by your self. Your application will be treated no differently. :-)

anzd

Post by anzd » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:23 pm

I used my local NCS yesterday and think that it is a great service. I wish that they could provide this service for a first passport application. I don't like the idea of being without the original citizenship certificate and my passport.

pushpam
Newly Registered

Post by pushpam » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:10 pm

Thanks all for the responses.

I called the council and set up an NCS appointment for later this month. They seem to be aware of the English Language requirement, and confirmed that as long as I have the LIUK Certificate, and the Original Degree Certificate, and the print out from the Points based calculator, I will be fine.

As NCS and post seem to be taking the same time to process (hopefully), I'll go with NCS, atleast i can keep the originals.

nurul.islam wrote:Hi Pushpam.Wondering if you have plans of going ahead by submitting a printout of the awarded points confirming your degree. I too would be applying for naturalization soon and have obtained about 30 points on the points calculator for my degree.I am unsure just like you if this form of evidence in the form of a printout would be accepted or not. We could also obtain a confirmation letter from UK NARIC but the printout would save us the hassle of contacting NARIC for this. Thanks.