ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

letter of acknowlegement?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sophj
Newly Registered

letter of acknowlegement?

Post by sophj » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:51 am

I sent in my citizenship application, using a council center checking service, 2 months ago. I haven't heard anything from the border control agency, and trying to figure out how they send in acknowledgement - is it via the post to my home address? Or email?

I know when I typed in the tracking number for the courier service that the local council centre used, that they signed for it the day after it was sent out.

I can't figure out which number/email/address to contact to see if they received my application. No money has been taken out of my account.

I know I submitted it right after the new language requirement went into effect, so they must be busy, since it took me a month to get an appointment at the council checking service. But 2 months seem much longer than what they say on their website about acknowledgement.

Thanking you for your help!

sh1981
Member of Standing

Re: letter of acknowlegement?

Post by sh1981 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:09 am

I was wondering the same thing, mine was postal. I'm assuming as I got the proof of delivery that should do.
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com

trend
Newly Registered

Re: letter of acknowlegement?

Post by trend » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:19 am

The acknowledgement is only sent out once they have deducted the fees and registered your application on their systems. If you look at the various time lines for Naturalisation, they are still collecting fees from around 24/25 Oct 13.