ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Upper tribunal appeal process

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Upper tribunal appeal process

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:10 pm

Dear members

I will appreciate if you can give me some information.

I have knowledge/experience of appeal process of first tier tribunal. But I need some information about appeal process with Upper tribunal. I am aware that If appeal is refused with FTT, appellant has the right to apply for permission of appeal to upper tribunal UT and If permission granted what happens next?

My questions are:
Is appeal with UT paper based or oral hearing? Who decides if the hearing will be paper based or oral hearing?
What documents should be submitted? Is there any need to submit documents to the UT which have already been submitted to FTT?
How long does the whole process take after the permission has been granted?

Please give some information or direct me to the relevant link.

Regards

tanvir1985th
Member of Standing

Re: Upper tribunal appeal process

Post by tanvir1985th » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:02 am

if yr FTT determination negative then u can apply to FTT again for reconsideration within 5 working days. if that is refused then u can apply for permission to appeal to UT straightway within 7 days. at any point of these appeals u dont have to provide the documents which u already have provided before coz judge will already have them. but if u want to provide anything new then its fine. if u wanna appeal against the decision of FTT u just appeal on the errors of the judge's decision not on the original UKBA decision. if permission is granted then judge will decide whether there will be any oral hearing or not. in most cases it will be oral unless the mistake of the judge is very silly and can be set aside easily by yr argument. by the way all these permission appeals are free of charge.

Achilles.ali
Pakistan

Re: Upper tribunal appeal process

Post by Achilles.ali » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:57 am

it true that if your appeal is rejected you can apply for reconsideration at FTT again and then if they reject then we can apply for UT,,and if its true we can apply for reconsideration at FT after they reject the appeal how long this reconsideration process takes ?