ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 dependant visa for child born in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sachcool
Newly Registered

Tier1 dependant visa for child born in UK

Post by sachcool » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:17 am

Hi All,

I am on Tier 1 General visa and I would like to apply for Tier 1 General dependant visa for our daughter ( 2 months old).
Could someone please confirm whether it is mandatory to provide daughter's passport ( which is currently under process at Indian High Commission and will take another 5 weeks) to apply for her UK dependant visa ?

My wife and daughter intend to travel to India as soon as posible hence would like to know that whether we can apply for my daughter's dependant visa in parallel while her passport is under process at IHC.

We have come across on UKBA website which says for children born in UK - you can apply for permission to stay in the UK with UK birth certificate and dependant application form

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /children/

Children born while you are in the UK
If you have 1 or more children while you are in the UK, you can apply for their permission to stay in the UK. You must complete the dependant application form and send a full UK birth certificate showing the names of both of the child's parents

Thankyou in advance for your help!

Regards,
Sachin

bubin123
Member of Standing

Re: Tier1 dependant visa for child born in UK

Post by bubin123 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:30 pm

Unfortunately you need her passport to apply the T1 dependant Visa...