ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question re referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

humanvoid

Question re referee

Post by humanvoid » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:58 pm

Hi folks,

I would appreciate if somebody could advise whether school' headteacher is acceptable as a referee. I can see just a teacher in the professions' list.

And how strict is the rule to be known by referee for at least three years? We are just short of few weeks.

Thank you in advance.

VR

Re: Question re referee

Post by VR » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:20 pm

Yes Head Teacher will not be a head if he/she were not a teacher!!!
two weeks short. You are having a laugh!! Dont tell us the home office has put an electronic tag on you and track your movements day to day!!! :D
You should be fine.
Good Luck!
cheers
vr

humanvoid

Post by humanvoid » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:15 pm

VR, headteachers do not usually teach, so technically he/she is not a teacher, but thanks for reply. I am more interested in finding out if someone already used headteacher as a referee and what was the outcome.
Also the guidance says "at least three years" and I do not want to take a chance.

Although the idea tagging immigrants sounds crazy, someone at HO may take it seriously. And do not tell us you feel absolutely free from any sort of "tagging".

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:40 pm

A head teacher is obviously acceptable. To think otherwise is illogical.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

VR

Post by VR » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:46 am

Dear Humanvoid,

I am not sure how the process of appointing a Head Teacher works here. But I know the Indian systems are based on the British ones and back in India the Head teacher usually starts off as a teacher and goes up the scale and finally based on any vacancy and from the seniority pool a person is appointed.

You first have to be a teacher inorder to be a head teacher even though after becoming head teacher the responsibilities shift to budgets, staffing, general management and does not involve actual teaching. (Like an account clerk progressing to Finance director).

I know as a migrant you are bound to be anxious. In the case of a ''Atleast 3 years'' are you going to take 365*3 i.e 1095 days and how are you going to round off? Or say if you met a person first time at a new years' eve party on say 31st Dec 2011 can you say you know him for 3 years (2011, 2012 and 2013). Though I knew people for 5 and 10 years, In my application I adopted the latter method as I was lazy to drive down in order to get their signatures, since they were not proximate. I chose people who lived in the vicinity and no issues.
Good Luck.
Cheers
vr

humanvoid

Post by humanvoid » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:22 am

Thanks guys for replies. Yes, it would seem logical but unfortunately not everything is subject to logic and common sense with HO, hence wanted to verify.