ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - Need clarity on the Referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

varre_v

Urgent - Need clarity on the Referees

Post by varre_v » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:23 pm

Hello Gurus,

I am applying for naturalization next week via the NCS. I have couple of queries regarding my referees:

1. For professional referee, I have chosen my line manager at work who knows me personally for the last six years. We are working for a limited company which is mentioned in the list of acceptable referees. Is that acceptable?
2. For the second referee, I have chosen my colleague at work who is a british citizen. He recently obtained his british citizen passport less than a year ago. Is that acceptable? As he obtained his british passport less than a year ago, I am skeptical whether the home office accepts it or not. Please advise.

freedom34

Re: Urgent - Need clarity on the Referees

Post by freedom34 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:28 pm

1. Yes.
2. Over 25 years old and British Citizen is fine. It does not matter if one day or one year before he's got British citizenship. Perfectly acceptable, don't worry about that.

varre_v

Re: Urgent - Need clarity on the Referees

Post by varre_v » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:56 am

Thanks so much freedom34. I am relieved now on the referees part.