ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What documets are required

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cheekyvirgin

What documets are required

Post by cheekyvirgin » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:24 am

I am applying for naturalization in 3 weeks time, Kindly advice me what other document is needed other then the LIfe in UK test.

Many thanks

VR

Re: What documets are required

Post by VR » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:20 am

Download the form AN and on page 17 and 18 you will have the complete list of supporting documents generally required.
cheers Also read the FAQ's on this forum.
vr

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:17 pm

VR wrote:Download the form AN and on page 17 and 18 you will have the complete list of supporting documents generally required.
cheers Also read the FAQ's on this forum.
vr
I meant to say about the english language requirement. Do i still need the language certificate if i have life in uk test passed.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:03 am

yes, english level b1 and LIUK test is required
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:04 am

CR001 wrote:yes, english level b1 and LIUK test is required

I have done BSC computer sciences from Pakistan and have Btec level diploma which gave me points when i applied Tier 1 back in 2010 but not showing points any more on ukba calculator.

I was studying South bank university for MA BUsiness & Management but could not finish my dissertation and they have awarded me credit hours so all i have to submit dissertation to qualify for the degree.

In this scenario how can i satisfy the english language requirement.

Please advice.

Thanks

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:46 am

Please sit for ESOL exam (grade 5) whis is really easy- Trinity College. It takes 3/4 days for preparation.

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:58 am

Somudro wrote:Please sit for ESOL exam (grade 5) whis is really easy- Trinity College. It takes 3/4 days for preparation.
I agree, booking and the actual exam are very straight forward.

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:31 am

Somudro wrote:Please sit for ESOL exam (grade 5) whis is really easy- Trinity College. It takes 3/4 days for preparation.

I know it's easy but hassle to get time to go for it from busy working life.

Any suggestion if the previous documents which gave 10 point given English language points would help while done the tier1.

Cheers

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:37 am

Once you complete your Masters degree at Southbank University, you can use that degree to satisfy the language criteria.

Alternatively, you can also contact UK NARIC to request an English Language Assessment on your BSc. http://ecctis.co.uk/naric/individuals/C ... sment.aspx

If your BSc was currently indicating that it would be awarded points on the Points Based Calculator then you may have been able to submit this as proof. However, it's not. Also, in any event, acceptance of the PBC print-out demonstrating points awarded would be at the discretion of the case officer.

The third option is to sit and pass the relevant language exams as per previous posts.

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:12 am

I have just checked on point based calculator and its giving me 10 points on english language for my Btec advance diploma ... this is the same i used when applied tier 1 general.

please comments if i still need anything or that would be sufficient,

Thanks