ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HomeOffice contact details

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sapphire

HomeOffice contact details

Post by Sapphire » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:15 am

Hi All

I am buying a new house and for that I am sorting out my mortgage - the bank needs to see my original passport and ILR card which obviously I dont have coz I have applied for Naturlization and hence my passports and ILR and other documents are with the UKBA.

I have already provided them the acknowledgement letter but still they asking for original passport and proof of residency

Can anyone tell me how can this be sorted out? Is there any contact number for UKBA (HomeOffice) which i can call to find out the status of my application or seek any guidance from the HomeOffice

This is very urgent - I will appreciate if anyone can please reply to this...?

Thanks
Sapphire

freedom34

Re: HomeOffice contact details

Post by freedom34 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:29 am

If you require any documents back, these can be requested here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/.

for citizenship email:
NationalityProgress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Home Office Department 2
Nationality Quality and Enquiry Team
PO Box 306
Liverpool
L2 0QN

Telephone: 0845 010 5200

Another contact email:
NationalityHelpdesk@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:37 am

Does making a request to return documents invalidates the application and fees is lost...?

Can anyone please confirm?

Thanks
Anjum

freedom34

Post by freedom34 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:10 pm

Making a request to return documents does not invalidate the application. As long as when you receive approval letter you can book and attend for your ceremony within 90 days, should be fine.

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:29 pm

I havnt received anything so far except the Acknowledgement letter - I applied on 21st of Oct 2013, received Acknowledgement letter on 13th Dec.

So at this stage if I get my docs back - would that make my application invalid and fee will be wasted?

Please confirm - really need this sorted urgently

Thanks

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:00 am

Hi Sapphire,

Freedom34 posted the correct link and information. So long as you're not travelling nor do you click "withdraw my application" on the link provided, you can request your documents back without invalidating your application and losing your fee. However, bear in mind that UKBA aims to return documents within 10 working days for EEA applicants and 20 working days for non-EEA applicants. As you're probably aware, UKBA does not move swiftly...

If you are not confident in the information provided, you can call UKBA to ask on how the request will impact your application on the number Freedom34 posted.

I hope this helps and best of luck.

mkaleem
Newly Registered

Post by mkaleem » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi,

I filled the return request form yesterday online and this morning I called to Crydon office on 08706067766 to treat my request urgently, and guess what I got a call from LIverpool office and they said that they will photocopy my passport and BRP card and return it to me today.

I asked the lady that will it affect my application and she said it will remain in the same place in the queue.

allanghouston
Newly Registered

Post by allanghouston » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:31 pm

I know this post is a little old. But the previous post begs the question - why don't they copy documents (especially passports) and send them back automatically? It would save time with people calling and emailing, chasing up their application and whether their documents have been returned. And generally, it's a bit much to expect people to be without their passport for several months at a time. Get someone to verify it and return it immediately and avoid all of the extra paperwork, calls, and frustration on the applicant's part in the process.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:22 pm

allanghouston wrote:I know this post is a little old. But the previous post begs the question - why don't they copy documents (especially passports) and send them back automatically? It would save time with people calling and emailing, chasing up their application and whether their documents have been returned. And generally, it's a bit much to expect people to be without their passport for several months at a time. Get someone to verify it and return it immediately and avoid all of the extra paperwork, calls, and frustration on the applicant's part in the process.
This is exactly why the Councils offer the Nationality Checking Service to check applications and photocopy the originals so that the applicant keeps the originals. But people choose not to use the service because of various reasons, sometimes because it involves a small fee.

So in effect, if people choose apply directly, they should be aware of the delays in receiving originals back.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

allanghouston
Newly Registered

Post by allanghouston » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:34 pm

The NCS isn't available for all applications such as a UKM application (as far as I can tell) and also one has to dig for the information, it certainly isn't given as a possibility on the UKM form or guide. Regardless of how one submits their application, UKVI could be more helpful when it comes to return of document requests.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:56 pm

allanghouston wrote:The NCS isn't available for all applications such as a UKM application (as far as I can tell) and also one has to dig for the information, it certainly isn't given as a possibility on the UKM form or guide. Regardless of how one submits their application, UKVI could be more helpful when it comes to return of document requests.
I would say its wishful thinking.

kirstentully
Newly Registered

Post by kirstentully » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:29 am

Hi - wonder if anyone can help / assist. I am trying to have my daughter's South African passport returned to me from the Nationality Team - Liverpool office. I sent emails to the email addresses posted by freedom34. The response was that they will take 20 working days to reply. And I know they quote 10 working days to return all documents. We are due to travel on 3 June 2016 and I still need to apply for my daughter's travelling visa. It feels like they have put a firewall around themselves because it is impossible to get any response if your 6 month waiting period is not up. We need the passport urgently. My husband and I are both on British passports and it has been a nightmare for 5 years to apply for our daughter's British Passport. The South African home office destroyed her vault copy of birth registration (!!!), and we could only have her unabridged birth certificate issued more than a year after her birth, which is why the Passport Office instructed us to apply for her Citizenship Status Letter first (NS Form) before re-applying for her British Passport. Along with her South African passport, I also submitted my husband's birth certificates, our marriage certificate and my birth certificates. My husband was born in London which gives our daughter a direct line to British citizenship. It is just the destroyed vault copy of her birth that has caused a complete nightmare.
Thanks, desperate for any suggestions / help or advice.

jxn
Newly Registered

Post by jxn » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:48 am

kirstentully wrote:Hi - wonder if anyone can help / assist. I am trying to have my daughter's South African passport returned to me from the Nationality Team - Liverpool office. I sent emails to the email addresses posted by freedom34. The response was that they will take 20 working days to reply. And I know they quote 10 working days to return all documents. We are due to travel on 3 June 2016 and I still need to apply for my daughter's travelling visa. It feels like they have put a firewall around themselves because it is impossible to get any response if your 6 month waiting period is not up. We need the passport urgently. My husband and I are both on British passports and it has been a nightmare for 5 years to apply for our daughter's British Passport. The South African home office destroyed her vault copy of birth registration (!!!), and we could only have her unabridged birth certificate issued more than a year after her birth, which is why the Passport Office instructed us to apply for her Citizenship Status Letter first (NS Form) before re-applying for her British Passport. Along with her South African passport, I also submitted my husband's birth certificates, our marriage certificate and my birth certificates. My husband was born in London which gives our daughter a direct line to British citizenship. It is just the destroyed vault copy of her birth that has caused a complete nightmare.
Thanks, desperate for any suggestions / help or advice.
Did you make your request online as well - https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned - ?

kirstentully
Newly Registered

Post by kirstentully » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:37 pm

Hi jxn
Yes, I did. I was hoping though for one on one contact because wanted to explain that documents must be returned to my mom in xxxx. The postal service in SA is completely unreliable and I am afraid of original documents going missing. I used a courier to send the original documents to my mom and then she posted within the UK. I will have them returned the same way. Anyway, the letter from Home Office with acknowledgement of receipt of application went to my mother, so I am sure they will recognize her address on their records.

Moderator edit: post code removed to protect against spammers/scammers