ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries about my Absences date

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shadows
Newly Registered

Queries about my Absences date

Post by Shadows » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I stayed in UK since 2004 and never go oversea for longer then 60 days until Sep/2012 for visiting relatives and return at April 2013. It is over 180+ days.

Can I apply my citizen now? Or I have to wait until April/2014?

"To satisfy the residence requirement you should not have been absent for more than 90
days in the last 12 months"

Many thanks.

VR

Re: Queries about my Absences date

Post by VR » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:51 pm

That is correct. While the total absences is well below the discretionary limit, in the last year you have more than exceeded double the 90 days limit. If you plan to be here you can as well wait and apply. However if you need your passport urgently and wish to test their discretion, you will need to prove;
1) There was a genuine compelling reason for you to go abroad (like your employer sending you).Or due to illness of someone or due to maternity related issues and social compulsions forcing you to have it in your home country.
2) You will need to show that you have your home and commitments in UK like title deeds of home, next of kin living here, business here and so on.

Good luck in whatever you decide.
cheers
vr

Shadows
Newly Registered

Post by Shadows » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:00 pm

But if it say "you should not have been absent for more than 90 days in the last 12 months"

Which mean it should calc from 13/01/2013 untill today(13/01/2013) in this way its only like 80 days max for me.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

Shadows
Newly Registered

Post by Shadows » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:09 pm

do anyone know the email for checking absences date with UKBA? If it is not apply-able I wont apply now and wait for a bit since if If it's reject I wont get my money back.

Many Thanks.

freedom34

Post by freedom34 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:17 pm