ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice required for passport application form section 4

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shan77

Advice required for passport application form section 4

Post by Shan77 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:32 am

I am applying for my child's first passport. On section 4 of the application form it asks for mother's and father's nationality and citizenship status and british passport number. Please note that I am bangladeshi national settled in UK on ILR and my wife is bangladeshi national with FLR(M) visa.

My question is where should I mention my ILR status on the application form which will allow the child to apply directly for the passport.

Also it says that if parents (e.g me and my wife) were born overseas then grandparents details are required (such as name, date of birth, town and country of birth, marriage date etc). My wife is unable to find the marriage date of her parents and also I am unable to find my father's date of birth since he died long before.

I would highly appreciate your kind reply on these issues.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Advice required for passport application form section 4

Post by Amber » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:09 am

The application is not based on grandparents so if details are not known just write unknown.

See also, the FAQ under Passport.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Shan77

Post by Shan77 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:01 pm

Thank you Amber for your reply. I have read the FAQ section for passport but it doesn't say anywhere regarding my query on section 4 of the application form.

My question is, where should I mention my ILR status on the application form which will allow the child to apply directly for the passport.

Thanks once again.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:51 pm

If the child has obtained BC from birth because you hold ILR/PR, you will need to send your passport & BRP as proof of his claim for BC.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Shan77

Post by Shan77 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:27 am

Thank you once again for your kind reply. I know that I'll have to include my BRP showing ILR with the application. My concern is, Do I need to mention ILR status at any place on the passport application as I can't find any section or place on the application form to mention this.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:09 am

You don't need to but it makes sense to add a note in section 8 in the lines of "father/mother was settled since 01/01/2010 prior to birth".
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Scanner

Post by Scanner » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:19 pm

Please I need help with clarifying an issue about my passport application for first British passport- Adult.
Section four (this relates to adults born overseas) is requesting for details of parents and documents to back them up.The problem is that I do not have a birth certificate for my dad and also i do not have a marriage certificate of him to my mum. Can I send my passport application without these? Is there an alternative

Can anyone help please?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:18 pm

Scanner wrote:documents to back them up
No it doesn't.

The form just asks for the dates. If you don't know them, write unknown.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Diana15

Post by Diana15 » Sun May 22, 2016 10:24 am

Hi.

Now I got the same question regarding section 4
My nationality and citizenship is Latvian, should I write that twice in space provided?

Thanks.