ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ACCA QUALIFIED TIER 4 TO TIER 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dennis89
Newly Registered

ACCA QUALIFIED TIER 4 TO TIER 2

Post by Dennis89 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:59 am

HI all,
i am currently in tier 4 and i have finished studying for ACCA recently in my CURRENT visa. I have already completed my bachelors in my PREVIOUS student visa ( valid from nov 2008 to june 2011). A tier2 sponsor is willing to sponsor me BUT they had a doubt issueing a COS as there was a rule stated in the ukba website.

"If you are switching from Tier 4 or the former categories of student, student nurse, student re-sitting an examination, overseas qualified nurse, person writing up a thesis, postgraduate doctor or dentist or student union sabbatical officer, [/b][/b] you must have lawfully obtained a UK bachelors or masters degree, postgraduate certificate in education or professional graduate diploma of education during your current or last permission to stay (period of continuous leave). This does not include, for example, vocational qualifications at degree level which are not degrees"[/b]

hence WILL I be able to swtich from tier 4 to tier 2 as i have a professional qualification not a degree. however i got a letter from ACCA which states that ACCA is equivalent to masters degree and i also can get a naric certificate which states the same as ACCA. HENCE ON THAT BASIS, CAN I SWTICH FROM TIER4 TO TIER 2? WILL THEY CONSIDER MY BACHELORS IN MY PREVIOUS STUDENT VISA AND GRANT ME TIER 2

Dennis89
Newly Registered

Re: ACCA QUALIFIED TIER 4 TO TIER 2

Post by Dennis89 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:46 pm

PLEASE GUYS HELP ME OUT IN THIS MATTER

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:49 pm

what is your immigration history since Nov 08? - dates of visas, presences/absences from the UK

Dennis89
Newly Registered

Post by Dennis89 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:41 pm

manci wrote:what is your immigration history since Nov 08? - dates of visas, presences/absences from the UK
hi mansi,

student visa from Nov 2008 (before the introduction of tier 4 point based system) to may 2011- Completed my BA in business management.

tier4 student visa from August 2011 to April 2014 - completed my ACCA qualification

so can i switch to Tier 2 visa from tier 4 by showing ACCA as an equivalent masters degree from ACCA letter and naric certificate

any solution will be appreciated mansi. thank you

aliahmed1979
Newly Registered

Post by aliahmed1979 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:22 pm

there is a possibility that it may work but i would suggest completing a masters (it could be 9 months) from a UK uni and then you meet all of the UKBA requirements for conversion to Tier 2

Dennis89
Newly Registered

Post by Dennis89 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:54 pm

aliahmed1979 wrote:there is a possibility that it may work but i would suggest completing a masters (it could be 9 months) from a UK uni and then you meet all of the UKBA requirements for conversion to Tier 2
i would have done that. But Ukba has introduced 5 year study period and hence for that reason i cannot study further.

Any solutions then?

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:16 pm

ACCA is definitely not a degree, as was established in the following case:
http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/IAC ... istan.html

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:58 pm

Dennis89
Newly Registered

Post by Dennis89 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Jeeves wrote:ACCA is definitely not a degree, as was established in the following case:
http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/IAC ... istan.html
i totally agree with you but i have finished my bachelors degree in my previous visa. Cant i show that as a basis to get my tier 2 visa??

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:01 pm

your question cannot be answered unless you provide the information requested (see above)

Dennis89
Newly Registered

Post by Dennis89 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:17 pm

hi mansi,

Somehow i cannot understand which thing you want to know. i have given all my acedemic history in my previous post. please could you kindly highlight which area of the subject you want me to give specific details?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:33 pm

start/end dates of all visas, dates of absences from the UK

newenie
Newly Registered

Post by newenie » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:49 pm

Hi Manci,

I am in a similar situation as Denis but a bit different.

I read the link you posted. It looks like i can switch to T2G but i m not sure. Please help and advice.

26/07/06 - 31/10/09 student visa (obtained BA degree)
20/10/09 - 20/10/11 PSW
12/09/11 - 23/04/14 T4 ACCA (unfortunately didn't complete all exams)

and i was absent from UK for less than two month since 2006.

Am I eligible to switch to T2G? Am i exempt from Labour Marketing test to get COS?

ahmed_niaz
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed_niaz » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:31 pm

Dennis89 wrote:HI all,
i am currently in tier 4 and i have finished studying for ACCA recently in my CURRENT visa. I have already completed my bachelors in my PREVIOUS student visa ( valid from nov 2008 to june 2011). A tier2 sponsor is willing to sponsor me BUT they had a doubt issueing a COS as there was a rule stated in the ukba website.

"If you are switching from Tier 4 or the former categories of student, student nurse, student re-sitting an examination, overseas qualified nurse, person writing up a thesis, postgraduate doctor or dentist or student union sabbatical officer, [/b][/b] you must have lawfully obtained a UK bachelors or masters degree, postgraduate certificate in education or professional graduate diploma of education during your current or last permission to stay (period of continuous leave). This does not include, for example, vocational qualifications at degree level which are not degrees"[/b]

hence WILL I be able to swtich from tier 4 to tier 2 as i have a professional qualification not a degree. however i got a letter from ACCA which states that ACCA is equivalent to masters degree and i also can get a naric certificate which states the same as ACCA. HENCE ON THAT BASIS, CAN I SWTICH FROM TIER4 TO TIER 2? WILL THEY CONSIDER MY BACHELORS IN MY PREVIOUS STUDENT VISA AND GRANT ME TIER 2
Hi Dennis, Sorry to ask a off-topic question. I am also ACCA qualified with 4 years experience struggling to find sponsors. If you don't mind would you share some tips with me. As i don't know a lot of ACCA's getting tier2 sponsorship as compared with IT friends. Thanks in advance.

Dennis89
Newly Registered

Post by Dennis89 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:50 pm

manci wrote:your question cannot be answered unless you provide the information requested (see above)
14/11/2008- 25/6/2011- student visa (no tier 4) - completed my bachelors degree

took a 4 week holiday from 2/2/2011- 28/2/2011

25/6/2011- 11/04/2014- tier 4 visa for ACCA

what solution can you derive from here? i would be grateful if you could highlight any possible answers for this

thank you

Dennis89
Newly Registered

Post by Dennis89 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:02 pm

ahmed_niaz wrote:
Dennis89 wrote:HI all,

Hi Dennis, Sorry to ask a off-topic question. I am also ACCA qualified with 4 years experience struggling to find sponsors. If you don't mind would you share some tips with me. As i don't know a lot of ACCA's getting tier2 sponsorship as compared with IT friends. Thanks in advance.

well to be honest with you ahmed its really hard to get a sponsor these days. i have been working in this company for few years and recently they have got the sponsorship license. it is a small company. i have been looking for big four co who sponsor students but i failed in the final rounds of interview. You have a realistics chance to get in these companies. so try these companies first. Rest of the companies will look at pr status which unfortunately i dont have and hence dont have a chance to get it. the company where i will be working will be paying me like peanuts which i dont want. But i dont have any options at the moment. Hence i would recommend to go for big fours and investment banks who can and have actually sponsored international students.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:03 pm

newenie wrote:I read the link you posted. It looks like i can switch to T2G but i m not sure. Please help and advice.

26/07/06 - 31/10/09 student visa (obtained BA degree)
20/10/09 - 20/10/11 PSW
12/09/11 - 23/04/14 T4 ACCA (unfortunately didn't complete all exams)

and i was absent from UK for less than two month since 2006.

Am I eligible to switch to T2G?
YES
Am i exempt from Labour Marketing test to get COS?[
YES, see para 285-290:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Dennis89
Newly Registered

Post by Dennis89 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:43 pm

hi manci,

can i switch from tier 4 to tier 2 visa?

newenie
Newly Registered

Post by newenie » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:25 pm

Thank you Manci for your answer and the link!

Dennis, you are eligible to switch to T2G if the following conditions are met:

(i) the applicant has been absent from the UK for a period of 180 days or less in any of the five consecutive 12 month periods preceding the date of the application for leave to remain;

(ii) the applicant has existing limited leave to enter or remain upon their departure and return except that where that leave expired no more than 28 days prior to a further application for entry clearance, that period and any period pending the determination of an application made within that 28 day period shall be disregarded; and

(iii) the applicant has any period of overstaying between periods of entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain of up to 28 days and any period of overstaying pending the determination of an application made within that 28 day period disregarded.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/ 245AAA(a)

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:57 pm

newenie wrote:Thank you Manci for your answer and the link!

Dennis, you are eligible to switch to T2G if the following conditions are met:

(i) the applicant has been absent from the UK for a period of 180 days or less in any of the five consecutive 12 month periods preceding the date of the application for leave to remain;

(ii) the applicant has existing limited leave to enter or remain upon their departure and return except that where that leave expired no more than 28 days prior to a further application for entry clearance, that period and any period pending the determination of an application made within that 28 day period shall be disregarded; and

(iii) the applicant has any period of overstaying between periods of entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain of up to 28 days and any period of overstaying pending the determination of an application made within that 28 day period disregarded.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/ 245AAA(a)
I am confused about your first point, the applicant has been absent from the UK for a period of 180 days or less in any of the five consecutive 12 month periods preceding the date of the application for leave to remain - I thought that is the criteria for ILR? not for getting a Tier 2 general visa?

Dennis89
Newly Registered

Post by Dennis89 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:50 pm

thank you so much for your help...

AnBer
Newly Registered

Post by AnBer » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:48 pm

Hi,

I am in a similar situation like yours. I studied ACCA in the UK and my degree somewhere else.

My visa application for Tier 2 got rejected on the grounds of my certificate not being a degree from a recognised body.

My lawyer is working on sorting this out hopefully.

Will let you know

Dennis89
Newly Registered

Post by Dennis89 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:25 am

AnBer wrote:Hi,

I am in a similar situation like yours. I studied ACCA in the UK and my degree somewhere else.

My visa application for Tier 2 got rejected on the grounds of my certificate not being a degree from a recognised body.

My lawyer is working on sorting this out hopefully.

Will let you know
i think you need to have a Uk bachelors degree in order for the conversion from tier 4 to tier 2. where have you done your degree from??

habeebuddinm
Newly Registered

TIER 4 TO TIER 2

Post by habeebuddinm » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:49 pm

Dear All,

I have completed masters in business and wan to switch from tier4 to tier2, as my sponcer ready to sponcer me. but my question is I have completed this degree from other college not from my sponcer college or as parallel study. I cam on batchlore degree with four year visa but I changed the college and course to master. please advice if I get any problem in my tier2 visa.

Thanking you