ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for spouse and children after husband got ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mansoniakki
Newly Registered

ILR for spouse and children after husband got ILR

Post by mansoniakki » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:04 pm

Hi
I entered UK on 08-NOV-2008 and my family (Wife + Son) entered on Jun-2009. I was on work permit then but transferred to TIER2 ICT later on. Since my family joined me here in UK, they are always with me on dependent visa.
Recently I got ILR (04-DEC-2013) but due to some reasons my wife and son didn't apply at the same time. Now i want to apply ILR for them and have following queries:

1. Are my wife and son eligible for ILR.
2. What form I need to fill for them.
3. What if they have absence from UK of more then 180 days in a year.
4. If they are not eligible then which form they need to fill to extend their current stay which is expiring on OCT-2014.

Thanks in Advance
Mangal

dk2011

Re: ILR for spouse and children after husband got ILR

Post by dk2011 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:17 pm

[quote="mansoniakki"]Hi
I entered UK on [b]08-NOV-2008 [/b]and my family (Wife + Son) entered on [b]Jun-2009[/b]. I was on work permit then but transferred to TIER2 ICT later on. Since my family joined me here in UK, they are always with me on dependent visa.
Recently I got ILR [b](04-DEC-2013) [/b]but due to some reasons my wife and son didn't apply at the same time. Now i want to apply ILR for them and have following queries:

1. Are my wife and son eligible for ILR.--Yes
2. What form I need to fill for them.--Set(o) , Basis:PBS dependent , Make your wife as main applicant and son as dependent if he is under 18.
3. What if they have absence from UK of more then 180 days in a year.-- There is no as such limit on dependents leave . But it should be limited and for good reason . You mean continuous 180 days in a year ? In either case i don't see it a problem .
4. If they are not eligible then which form they need to fill to extend their current stay which is expiring on OCT-2014.--N/A . As they are eligible.

Thanks in Advance
Mangal[/quote]

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:25 pm

@dk2011 can you perhaps use a different colour font or put your responses in bold as it is very difficult to see that you have responded and looks like you are copy the OP post. Have seen this in a number of replies.

Thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:17 pm

Sure . Will put it in bold . Actually, i am using quote option only but not sure why it looks like a copy paste. But i can definitely make it bold.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:47 pm

using quote function is fine, then use bold to highlight your responses to make it easier to read. :)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mansoniakki
Newly Registered

Post by mansoniakki » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:51 pm

mansoniakki wrote:Hi
I entered UK on 08-NOV-2008 and my family (Wife + Son) entered on Jun-2009. I was on work permit then but transferred to TIER2 ICT later on. Since my family joined me here in UK, they are always with me on dependent visa.
Recently I got ILR (04-DEC-2013) but due to some reasons my wife and son didn't apply at the same time. Now i want to apply ILR for them and have following queries:

1. Are my wife and son eligible for ILR.
2. What form I need to fill for them.
3. What if they have absence from UK of more then 180 days in a year.
4. If they are not eligible then which form they need to fill to extend their current stay which is expiring on OCT-2014.

Thanks in Advance
Mangal
Thanks DK2011
As you said that my wife can use SET(O) form as main applicant for ILR; Does she need to show any cohabitation evidence for this.