ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLACE OF ISSUE on British Passp. Applic.?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

polandcalling1

PLACE OF ISSUE on British Passp. Applic.?

Post by polandcalling1 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:23 am

Please gurus can you help me on this: Section 5 "Certificate of registration or naturalisation" of the British Passport application asks for PLACE OF ISSUE. I have had a good look at my naturalisation certificate but it does not say "place of issue" anywhere in it, just the date, section, certificate no. reference no, etc what do I put as place of issue? is it the name of the registry office where I was naturalised? please help me. thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PLACE OF ISSUE on British Passp. Applic.?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:31 am

Certificate clearly states 'HOME OFFICE LONDON' and that is what you need to put on the form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

polandcalling1

Post by polandcalling1 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:09 pm

CR001
I will put Home Office, London as place of issue so again thanks a million. Since my wife, 5 y o child and myself are applying for British Passport together, do you think it is ok to use the same referee to countersign the 3 applications? she is the one that acted as referee for my wife's AN and she has known all of us for more than 5 years. What is your advice? thanks in advance. I know you said I can use same AN referee for British passp. applic. in your other post.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:39 pm

Yes, same referee is fine as long as they are a professional person and have know you for at least two years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

polandcalling1

Post by polandcalling1 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:32 pm

Dear CR001
You have been great at advising me. I shall ask this lady referee tomorrow to countersign our 3 applications so fingers closed. Yes she is a professional one.
thanks a lot.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:03 pm

You are welcome, end of the immigration road for you and your family at least :D
Char (CR001 not Casa)