ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unable to work due to lost BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

natisanga

Unable to work due to lost BRP

Post by natisanga » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:27 pm

Thanks in advance.
I went home and lost my BRP. I applied for an entry visa and just came back to the UK ( I followed the procedure and reported the lost BRP, etc).
On my arrival, the company layers checked my entry visa ( that says that is a temporary replacement for the BRP) and has in the remarks "No employment". Now they said that I can not work until I get the BRP replacement.
I have insisited that my immigration status has not changed ( I am on a TIer2 visa) and that this is just an application for a replacement.

I have not found anything on the UK website saying that you can not work ( neither say that you can).
Can anyone help me with this? I need a written document to show...not sure what else to do. If I call the home office this wont be proof enough I guess.

As the BRP can take upto 6 weeks to arrive, this could mean a long time without being able to work.
Can anyone help?

THanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Unable to work due to lost BRP

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:54 pm

Your employer can check your right to work directly with UKBA, link below with info

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... cking-brp/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dendenden
Newly Registered

Re: Unable to work due to lost BRP

Post by dendenden » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:26 am

what happened afterwards ?
did you use the libk ?
had they given you a clearance to work while your card is reissued ?

i am at the same situation.
therefore i would really help to hear what happened in your case ?