ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused with age points.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kalpitsom

Confused with age points.

Post by kalpitsom » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:51 pm

I would be really grateful if anyone out there could help me with my following query please.
I'm applying for ILR this month in Tier1 general category. But I'm still confused about the age points to be claimed.
Actually, I applied for HSMP Approval letter from abroad back in 2007 close to my 30th birthday. I remember that I had sent the application just five days before my birthday by courier claiming 10 points for my age, but not sure when it reached the UK Home Office and how many points was awarded for my age as I had claimed 80 points in total. The approval date was two weeks after my birthday. I claimed only 5 points at the time of extension as it was based on your current age. I also asked for my SAR file but it's not mentioned anywhere when my application was received.
Now, for ILR, I am confused to write the age at the time of my initial application. But I can score the minimum of 75 points even if I claim only 5 points for my age. So is it ok to claim 10 points now (making it total of 80 points) which I claimed for the initial application irrespective of the points awarded or should I claim only 5 points to make it 75 only.
Thanks for your time.

mrehanashraf

Re: Confused with age points.

Post by mrehanashraf » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:38 pm

If you applied initially by post then the date of post will be your application date as per UKBA Calculator.

If you don't have Point Assessment sheet from Initial Application, hopefully you should have a Approval letter for your extension. It should specify how much points you got in each category. So in my thinking use that one for Age point and take that letter with you.

But to be on safe side prepare your other points by assuming minimum Age points (Age points claimed on Extension). And You will have a proof for it to show.

kalpitsom

Post by kalpitsom » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:10 am

Thanks mrehanashraf for your reply.
I initially applied by courier service from abroad so couldn't know when it got received by HO.
And, yes I have my approval letter but it is not mentioned anywhere in the letter about the points awarded. It only says that my application was successful and could apply for entry clearance in 6 months.
Now I'm planning to apply for my ILR claiming only 5 points for my age regardless of how many points was awarded at the time of initial application. So, would there be any problem if the caseworker finds that I was actually awarded 10 points for my age at initial application?

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Post by smartkhan » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:50 am

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Claim 10 points and forget how many points you'll get.

mrehanashraf

Post by mrehanashraf » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:01 am

I don't think there will be any problem even if you claim 5 points and the CW finds out that you were awarded 10 points initially. Because later in extension you claimed 5 points. This is the reason I told you to take your Extension approval letter. I remember my Extension Approval letter shows awarded points in each category. All the best.

kalpitsom

Post by kalpitsom » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:15 am

Thanks smartkhan & mrehanashraf for your time and suggestions.
Yes the the approval letter for my extension clearly shows that I had claimed and was awarded 5 points for my age.
So, do you think it would be better to write a cover letter explaining the whole thing or I'm getting worried unnecessarily.

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Post by smartkhan » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:53 am

As long as you score the required total points without age points you shouldn't need to worry.

kalpitsom

Post by kalpitsom » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:06 am

But I need at least 5 points for my age to get required 75 points.

kalpitsom

Post by kalpitsom » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:52 am

Dear Members,
can anyone help me with my following query please.

I had applied for my HSMP approval letter by courier from out of UK. So, in my case, it is the date of application received by HO which is considered to award points for my age. I asked for my SAR file to know the date, But when I received my SAR file I found that it is nowhere mentioned about when my initial application was received by HO. So, does that mean HO has no record of my initial application for HSMP approval letter? Any ideas please.
Thanks for your time.