ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we edit posts that we've made?

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pereguinn
Newly Registered

Can we edit posts that we've made?

Post by pereguinn » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:59 pm

I noticed on the FAQs it says that we can only edit posts for a limited time and not after someone has replied but I regularly see people posting edits on their posts even after others have replied so I thought maybe this is old information?

This is mainly for the application timeline threads. I keep seeing posts people have made stressing that you should not add a new post just to update your application timeline and you should just edit your original post with any updates otherwise you risk cluttering the thread, which I agree with.

Anyway, is there a way for me to update a post or has this functionality been removed?

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Re: Can we edit posts that we've made?

Post by Administrator » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:27 am

You can edit your posts for 180 minutes once they have been posted. After that they are locked for editing.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Can we edit posts that we've made?

Post by Amber » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:30 am

Just add a new post for timelines.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.