ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time to receive citizenship and passport?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nzer
Newly Registered

Time to receive citizenship and passport?

Post by nzer » Sat May 19, 2007 9:43 am

Dear forum members,

I've just discovered that through the Grandparent born in Ireland rule, I am eligible for Irish citizenship.

I will probably be living in England when I make the application, and would appreciate if anyone here could advise me on the length of time it takes to register for the Foreign Births and Deaths Reistrar, and then following that, to get a passport?

Extra notes: At the time of application, I might be on tourist visa visit to England, or work visa. Does it matter? This question relates to residency when making the Irish applications.

Many thanks for any help, and I'll furnish any reasonable details if asked.

Plaasjapie

Post by Plaasjapie » Sun May 20, 2007 7:44 pm

Last edited by Plaasjapie on Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nzer
Newly Registered

Post by nzer » Mon May 21, 2007 12:49 pm

Plaasjapie wrote:http://www.inis.gov.ie/

Its all there...
Thanks, that's one of several bookmarks I have on the subject. Guess I'm hoping someone who has been through the process knows the time it takes...

Squinch
Newly Registered

Re: Time to receive citizenship and passport?

Post by Squinch » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:23 pm

nzer wrote:Dear forum members,

I've just discovered that through the Grandparent born in Ireland rule, I am eligible for Irish citizenship.

I will probably be living in England when I make the application, and would appreciate if anyone here could advise me on the length of time it takes to register for the Foreign Births and Deaths Reistrar, and then following that, to get a passport?

Extra notes: At the time of application, I might be on tourist visa visit to England, or work visa. Does it matter? This question relates to residency when making the Irish applications.

Many thanks for any help, and I'll furnish any reasonable details if asked.

I filed my Application in March 07 in Washington, DC. I'll keep you posted.