ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Type D long stay visa for switzerland from UK

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

oko37
Newly Registered

Type D long stay visa for switzerland from UK

Post by oko37 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:46 pm

hello forum members

i am non EU living in UK on ILR, i got married to my Swiss fiancee in Switzerland 3 weeks back and i have received my marriage certificate today. now i want to quit my job, leave the UK and relocate to Switzerland to live with my wife.

unfortunately i have to serve a 4 month notice period (due to project commitments) when i resign the company i.e i will relieve in jun'14 . (i am resigning today)

I have 2 questions,

1. is there anyone here who has experience or knows the process to apply swiss type d long stay visa (family reunification) from the UK? can u help me please.

2. Is it okay if i apply for long stay D permit now but go to Switzerland after i finish the 4 month notice period? will i be questioned by the Swiss authorities as to why i didn't turn up to Switzerland immediately after i got the D visa?

thanks,

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Re: Type D long stay visa for switzerland from UK

Post by flyboy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:00 pm

http://www.eda.admin.ch/etc/medialib/do ... 120512.pdf

Have a look at the link above.

I suppose you could apply for the long stay D visa now, as it will take 8 -12 weeks to get approval from the cantonal authority in switzerland.

Good luck

oko37
Newly Registered

Post by oko37 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:58 pm

thanks flyboy

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:24 pm

oko37 wrote:hello forum members

i am non EU living in UK on ILR, i got married to my Swiss fiancee in Switzerland 3 weeks back and i have received my marriage certificate today. now i want to quit my job, leave the UK and relocate to Switzerland to live with my wife.,
You do realise that you will lose your ILR status in the UK should you be absent from the UK for more than 2 years?

oko37
Newly Registered

Post by oko37 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:38 pm

hello plum,

yes i am aware of this.

thanks,