ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 & Naturalisation

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lapkapups

EEA4 & Naturalisation

Post by lapkapups » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:45 am

Hello guys!

I'm back on this forum and hoping for your helpful advice as usual :)

I am applying for British Citizenship following sucessfull EEA4 application and PR issued in January 2013 (took only 2 months for them to process the application!). However, I am confused about filling in the part of the application form dealing with EEA and family members. Form AN, points 2.4 & 2.5.

It specifically asks to answer if I am a family member of an EEA national and if yes, fill in all the stuff about spouse exersicing treaty rights, etc. However, I have already been granted PR and submitted all those documents with the EEA4 form so I'm not dependent on my husband anymore and shouldn't provide these documents again (it says so at the end of the form, section 4 of Supporting Documents). Basically, it is confusing. On the one hand, if I provide PR card I don't need to provide anything from my husband. On the other hand, there is no option in ponts 2.4/2.5 to tick somewhere that I have PR, it just simply asks if I am a family member and if yes, fill this in.

Not sure what to do. Anybody knows? I've alerady seen an official from NPC but she said she had no idea how to treat it and advised me just to leave it blank. But I am still married and technically I am a family member though my PR card doesn't say it.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: EEA4 & Naturalisation

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:29 pm

Leave blank as NCS advised.

This section is in order to establish PR status which is not required as you are already have proof of it.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

lapkapups

Post by lapkapups » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:09 pm

Thank you, Jambo!

Just one more thing, if you know, please.

I am still due to go back to drop the referee page with the NCS service.When I originally filled in the application form I did it as a draft as I thought I would fill it in properly after clarifying some points and drop it later together with the referee page. However, the woman didn't return the form to me and said she'd have to send it as it is and won't be able to accept another form, even if filled in the same. However, the form I filled in has marks, in some places just ? marks and in some ? marks with comments. Do you know if this is important? She said she can't send another form 'cos she won't be able to check it and she can't send anything she hasn't seen. I can't book another appointment with her as I'm already in their system but not happy with her sending the form as it is. Not sure if it's right. Any ideas?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:21 pm

I don't think this is an issue.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:14 pm

lapkapups wrote:Thank you, Jambo!

Just one more thing, if you know, please.

I am still due to go back to drop the referee page with the NCS service.When I originally filled in the application form I did it as a draft as I thought I would fill it in properly after clarifying some points and drop it later together with the referee page. However, the woman didn't return the form to me and said she'd have to send it as it is and won't be able to accept another form, even if filled in the same. However, the form I filled in has marks, in some places just ? marks and in some ? marks with comments. Do you know if this is important? She said she can't send another form 'cos she won't be able to check it and she can't send anything she hasn't seen. I can't book another appointment with her as I'm already in their system but not happy with her sending the form as it is. Not sure if it's right. Any ideas?
If the sections you left blank or with "?s" aren't relevant in your case then this should not be a hinderance. Conversely, if they are, then I would say insist on retrieving the application and rescheduling your appointment if it comes to that.

You will be paying a substantial sum for your AN application so better be certain that there are no obvious reasons for an unnecessary delay or refusal.

lapkapups

Post by lapkapups » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:33 pm

The form is filled in properly. It just has marks. Yes, some of the fields with "?" are left blank because they turned out to be irrelevant. But some are not. For example, 1st point of entry I put London / Gatwick and then "?" mark as I was not sure if I was supposed to put there only "London" or only "Gatwick" or maybe both together. So it is filled in correctly now but the "?" mark is still there. Would you refer to it as the case of re-filling the form?

I just put marks to remember fields I had questions about so that during the appointment I could just open the form and see what I wanted to ask rather than go through the entire form looking for them. The form was corrected during the appointment but they marks are still there.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:31 pm

lapkapups wrote:The form is filled in properly. It just has marks. Yes, some of the fields with "?" are left blank because they turned out to be irrelevant. But some are not. For example, 1st point of entry I put London / Gatwick and then "?" mark as I was not sure if I was supposed to put there only "London" or only "Gatwick" or maybe both together. So it is filled in correctly now but the "?" mark is still there. Would you refer to it as the case of re-filling the form?

I just put marks to remember fields I had questions about so that during the appointment I could just open the form and see what I wanted to ask rather than go through the entire form looking for them. The form was corrected during the appointment but they marks are still there.
Yes, "London Gatwick" is perfectly fine. Sounds like you'll be OK overall.

lapkapups

Post by lapkapups » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:37 am

Hi guys!

Thanks a lot for the help :)

I have submitted everything today to the NPC and they will post it today to HO. She even agreed to replace my "marked" form with the new well-filled one that I prepared just in case! She went briefly through it before accepting.

However, she got me confused. The 5-year qualifiying period with absenses, do they count it from the day HO receives the application or from the day I had my 1st appointment with the NPC? That's because if I count 5 years back from today I was in the country on that date but if I count 5 years back from the day of my 1st appointment with NCP (that was back in January) I wasn't in the country 5 years ago in Jan. She got me confused insisting that I had to be in the country in Jan 5 years ago :?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:47 pm

She got it wrong. It's the day the HO receives the application so probably tomorrow (if sent next day delivery today) so you would need to have been in the country on 27th February 2009.

lapkapups

Post by lapkapups » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:26 pm

Thank you, Jambo!

I thought so but she started to insist on the opposite and I started to doubt. She's supposed to know it well, isn't she? Though from the very beggining she told me she'd never seen anyone apply through PR, always through ILR from British-married or PBS. Maybe she hasn't been working there for long.

Now fingers crossed :)

lapkapups

Post by lapkapups » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:46 pm

It says though in Guide AN p. 7 that "Please note: You should also check that you were physically present in the UK 5 years ... before the date that the application will be received by the Home Office or other receiving authority (see page 17 “Where to send your application form”). And then on p.17 they list the places to post the application to depending if you are in the UK, Channel Islands, Hong Kong, etc. It doesn't mention NCS. Hopefully the NCS is not a "receiving authority"??

Sherdiplomat
Newly Registered

Post by Sherdiplomat » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:55 pm

Hi . I just got PR sticker on my passport . So after 12 month what kind of documents I should send to HO for naturalazation? Unfortunately I divorced with my eu wife and she left country and I have no contact with her. So can I apply for naturalazation without her documents if yes what kind of documents should I sent?