ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success on 05/02/2014 - PEO Liverpool

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sb2009

ILR Success on 05/02/2014 - PEO Liverpool

Post by sb2009 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:02 pm

Hi,

I applied for my ILR last week at Liverpool, and my ILR application was successful.

First of all, I want to thank the forum for all the information and help I got, especially the moderators and senior members.
You guys have done such an excellent documentation of the information that it is easy for any person to get the full information on application process in no time. And again, a real thanks for that!!!!!

My first application of Tier 1 (G) was with the help of a visa agent, it was successful. I was a novice in visa application process at that time, and I had only the information from my friends here, who were also in the same boat as me, and were yet to apply for ILRs or Extensions. And I joined the forum before 3 years, and got more information on the application process. In these 3 years, I got the confidence to apply for my Tier 1 extension and ILR myself.

My case was simple, so there was no hardship for me in the application process - In Tier 1(G) for 5 years, entered UK after 32 days of initial visa start date, no absence is more than 130 days for me in any of the 5 years (absences were 45, 130, 33, 0, 50 in 5 years, not more than the 180 days limit), and no dependents.
My current visa expires on 1st March, so i applied 25 days before the expiry.

On the day of application

1. Reached the UKBA office before 45 mins, my appointment was at 1:00 PM.
2. Security check done, and got the PEO ticket, all this took 15 mins.
3. Sat in the waiting area for PEO appointments for 15 mins, my token was called by the check-in counter, and my payment sheet was verified.
4. Got a verification sheet from the check-in counter, and got a new token number for meeting case worker, this took 10 mins.
5. Waited for another 10 mins, and got my token called by case worker.
6. Submitted my documents to the case worker, and then my token was called for biometrics after 5 mins.
7. Biometrics was quickly done, then the long waiting of nearly 2 hours started.
8. I was in the waiting area, waiting to hear if my token will be called.
9. But after nearly 2 hours, i was told that my ILR was approved. My appointment was at 1 PM, i entered the office at 12: 15, and got my approval letter at 3 :15 PM.
10. I did not submit any letter for absences, and was also not asked for by the case worker.
11. I had photocopies of all the documents i submitted with the application, but the photocopies were not asked by the case worker. So I got them back with me.
12. After I was told that my application was approved, I got a confirmation letter from the case worker, and was told that i will get my BRP card in approximately 7 days.
13. I got all the documents back except my existing Tier 1 BRP card, as i will get a new BRP card for my ILR.
14. Overall, the staff at the PEO were nice, no hiccups or hassles, everything went smooth. Just that i had to wait for nearly 2 hours after the documents were submitted.. :roll:

My suggestions are

1. Go through the forum, there are many stick posts, and other posts where you can gather information from. This information will give you confidence in applying yourself. I got most information from the forum. My case was a simple one, so it was easy for me to apply myself. If your individual case is a bit complex, then you can get help from forum's members by posting your query, or from an expert solicitor.

2. Keep up to date with the news UKBA releases on its site. And also the sticky posts on the forum.

3. Keep preparing for your application an year before the application date. This gives lot of time with gathering information, completing any requirements for your application, and will reduce any chance of mistakes with your application.

4. Keep your application simple, and don't give extra documents/proof with your application. But keep the extra documents handy with you.

5. Try to get a PEO appointment for your application. It is better than the postal route, as the result at PEO is known the same day, mostly, and you get the originals back the same day. And the staff is also friendly, from my experience, and they ask for any extra documents they need, and there is no room for any missing documents compared with a postal application.

Below are the documents i submitted with application:

1. Covering letter.
2. 2 Passport size photographs, according to UKBA specification (With name on back side).
3. Passport + BRP Card.
4. SET (O) application form (Ensure it is the latest version prior to appointment date).
5. Printout of appointment email confirmation.
6. Printout of appointment booking payment confirmation.
7. Bank statements, on bank letter head, for last 12 months (Highlight salary row).
8. Payslips for last 12 months, on company letter head.
9. Life in the UK test pass certificate (Original).
10. Original Degree certificate, for which points are claimed on PBS calculator.
11. Printout of PBS calculator (Points for Qualification, 12 months earnings, UK experience and Age).
12. Photocopies of all the above documents, excluding SET (O) (To be kept separately from originals).

Below are additional documents I kept handy with me:

1. Personal letter stating absences out of UK in last 5 years.
2. Previous UKBA correspondence letters.
3. UKNARIC Statement of Comparison that degree is equivalent to UK Degree.
4. P60s for last 5 years or Employment history for last 5 years from HMRC.
5. Employer letter, on company letter head, confirming the 12 months salary payment.

Once again, a thanks for the forum and the moderators, and senior members....

pinkpop

Re: ILR Success on 05/02/2014 - PEO Liverpool

Post by pinkpop » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:46 pm

Thanks for your shared information and expierence. All the best.

ilrtier1genral

Post by ilrtier1genral » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:32 pm

Hi sb2009,

Congratulations for your success!! and Thanks for sharing your experience :)

Hope you don't mind to share further more cause my ILR is due this month and I am bit worried about the documentation. :(

I am just curious to know that

1. When you went for Tier 1 extension, what was your employment status and what is your status at ILR?
2. Have you ever self employed or director of company?

I can see one of your absences was for 130 days in one of the 12 consecutive months , Can I ask were you employed or self employed that that time and also if possible can you please share the format of absences letter and covering letter?

Thanks

sb2009

Post by sb2009 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:55 pm

Hi ilrtier1genral,

1. I was a salaried employee at the time when i applied for Tier 1 extension, and i submitted my 12 months payslips at that time. Not sure what you meant by ILR status.

2. Yes, i was self employed for 8 months, in the second year of my stay, which is almost 1 year before my tier 1 extension. Then i closed that company because of personal reasons and joined as an employee.

3. It was during the year i was self employed that i had 130 days absence. I did not submit any absence letter as all of the absences were less than 180 days, but i kept it handy with me. But the absence letter i prepared was a simple one, with a table of all absences and explanation of each absence. I will personal mail that format to you.

ilrtier1genral

Post by ilrtier1genral » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Thanks a lot for the quick response.

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Post by smartkhan » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:57 pm

Hi,

Please add the dates your first EC was stamped, your landing date, first extension date etc. It helps people preparing their case.

Thanks.

sb2009

Post by sb2009 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:06 pm

Below thread has details of my initial visa stamping dates....

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... ml#p831138

and the below has the T1 G extension date timelines.....

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... ml#p582836

ilrtier1genral

Post by ilrtier1genral » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:40 am

Hi,

In country switch to tier 1 general : 01 feb 2009
Tier 1 general ext : 22 April 2012
ilr due 01 feb 2014