ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application - Marraige Certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zulfiqar.malik
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Application - Marraige Certificate

Post by zulfiqar.malik » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:38 am

My wife and I got our ILR on 1st Feb, 2012 and we're going to apply for naturalisation next week and have an appointment with the Croydon council for their NCS service. I am slightly confused by their requirement of marriage certificate if husband and wife are applying at the same time. I do have a marriage certificate but its not in English. My understanding was that this is not required by UKBA for our joint application. Have I missed something? Do I need to have a translated marriage certificate to get naturalisation for both my wife and myself?

Thank you.

salonbalm

Re: Naturalisation Application - Marraige Certificate

Post by salonbalm » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:11 pm

Yes, the marriage certificate has to be in english for joint application. (or translated)

shahfor

Post by shahfor » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:02 am

Home office (and NCS) dose not accept original marriage certificate if it is not in English.

zulfiqar.malik
Newly Registered

Post by zulfiqar.malik » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:56 am

I do have a translation but it was done from Pakistan and accepted for her first visa application for UK. Is this going to be enough or do I need to get it translated from within UK?

Thank you.

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:32 am

If it's translated and has been previously accepted by UKBA, I do not see this to be an issue.