ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependent visa for daughter - 1 year old

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alladin

dependent visa for daughter - 1 year old

Post by alladin » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for entry clearance for my daughter (1 year old) as the dependent of a settled person. I was on Tier 1 and was granted ILR on Feb, 2013. My wife is in India and have got her entry clearance from Dec, 2013 (2nd one) as dependent of a settled person.

(I believe my wife will qualify for ILR once she is in the UK as she spent 2 years (2010 -2012) living with me in the UK as Tier 1 dependent. She went to India for her delivery. She passed LIUK/IELTS before she left).

The following statements in the UKBA site http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /children/is a bit confusing to me.

You cannot apply in the child category if you are the child of a person who is settled in the UK or has British citizenship if their most recent permission to stay was under tiers 1, 2, or 5 of the points-based system and:

your other parent does not yet qualify for settlement; and
your most recent permission to stay as a dependant under the points-based system (known as a PBS dependant) was granted on or after 9 July 2012.
Instead, you must apply as a dependant under the relevant category of the points-based system.

Could anyone please help me regarding the following queries:

1. Can my daughter apply as a dependent of settled person? If not what category should she make her application?
2. Should my wife come to the UK first and try to apply for her ILR and then bring our daughter here?

Thanks,
alladin