ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Verification call from UKBA today

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ceobot

Verification call from UKBA today

Post by ceobot » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:13 pm

Hi Guys,

Today I received a call from UKBA and was asked to confirm my date of birth, business in which company involved, my position in this company and some other similar questions. Has anybody else received similar calls from them in the past ? If yes, how long did it take for you to receive documents after their call ?

Many thanks in advance!

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Verification call from UKBA today

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:48 pm

@ ceobot, HO are not open during weekends so the call you receive cannot be from HO. Next time if someone ask for your date of birth on the phone, you should tell them to give you all the details they have about you first and to be safe always ask that you call them back on the phone no on their website rather than giving them what they ask you immediately.

You should call the HO enquiry line on Monday to confirm if anybody call you from them, they will have the record of the call if its from them.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

bizz123

Post by bizz123 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:55 pm

Hi Olasunkanmi

They are open now a days on weekends, lot of peoples recd same call today and it's from home office

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:39 pm

Well, fingers cross, let's see what others got to say about the unusual call.

sarahstone
Newly Registered

Post by sarahstone » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:44 pm

@Olasunkanmi Home Office definitely opens weekends! My Biometrics letter was even dated Saturday.

Cheers.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:04 pm

Thanks for the information, I guess they are now ready to start doing the job they are paid for rather than drinking tea at their office and keeping applicants waiting indefinitely.

Aadi.ji
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Aadi.ji » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:18 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:Thanks for the information, I guess they are now ready to start doing the job they are paid for rather than drinking tea at their office and keeping applicants waiting indefinitely.
Hahahahaha well said. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tier1enterpreneur

Post by tier1enterpreneur » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:13 am

hey I just literally received a call from someone verifying the same details.
I was sleeping and was taken aback as it was 8.47 am
I was asked my date of birth and no other details.
Later I was asked who wrote my business plan and I said myself and he asked me to discuss in detail and I kind off fumbled as I was not expecting this call and spoke not very confidently.
I also told him i am not sure if this call is genuine.
He mentioned the letter sent out last week and my application type.
I am freaking out...
he mentioned the decision will not be made today he just has to pass this details to the care worker and it will be decided if I will be called for a formal interview or not. He said my decision will be made by 31st March.
phew what a sunday morning.
Tier 1 Entrepreneur

anas_19
Newly Registered

Post by anas_19 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:44 am

08:47 on Sunday ! oh god ! it is your off day, why they expect that people have to answer and be ready on their weekends

Kumar197

Post by Kumar197 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:54 am

@tier1entreprenuer,I think you should have called to Home office and find out that have they called you?because after read your story at 9:40 I have made a call to HO and heard that they work Monday to Friday 8 to 5 only.just cross verified please....

shk786
Newly Registered

Post by shk786 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:41 pm

I have received also similar sort of call yesterday, asking me about my contract, bank transactions and company detail and services.

Aadi.ji
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Aadi.ji » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:42 pm

tier1enterpreneur wrote:hey I just literally received a call from someone verifying the same details.
Later I was asked who wrote my business plan and I said myself and he asked me to discuss in detail and I kind off fumbled as I was not expecting this call and spoke not very confidently.
I am freaking out...
he mentioned the decision will not be made today he just has to pass this details to the care worker and it will be decided if I will be called for a formal interview or not. He said my decision will be made by 31st March.
Very shocking indeed.

Could you please elaborate that have you already had the interview letter sent out to you before having this call today.
Thanks.

mohammed1980

Post by mohammed1980 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:37 pm

tier1enterpreneur wrote:hey I just literally received a call from someone verifying the same details.
I am freaking out...
This is against the rule.

They have no right to call the applicant without notice or intrude into his personal time on a weekend and take a tele-interview. Where does it state in the policy that the UKBA reserves the right to interview anyone at anytime without notice?

Even for job interview, the employer informs you before conducting a tele-intv.
I think you guys should consult a lawyer and sue them.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:58 pm

Interesting .... its look like we have to have visa file ready at all time as you never know when u receive a call and what they can ask you.

it kind of positive that you will have decision by 31st of march but same time not fair as they start calling even on sunday.

good luck all

regards
ILR Applied: 11-04-2014
Biometric Done: 01-05-2014
Approval Received: 20-08-2014 (Letter Dated: 18-08-2014)
BRP Received: 21-08-2014 (Valid from: 18-08-2014)

Alhamdulillah now enjoying my FREEDOM

Got British Passport December 2015

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:50 pm

Hi all
I also received similar call on Saturday morning, number was displayed 'unknown'. She asked kind of business questions and DOB. I also was just out of bed, and I gave all answers in half-awake stage.

But point I am trying to make, is, I think that call was genuinely from UKBA. As she was asking questions to me from my contract letter and bank statements.

Cheers

entrepreneurexpert
Newly Registered

Post by entrepreneurexpert » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:18 pm

I also received the call today and gave interview, It was for about 5 minutes, Call was genuine. Asked me about my business account activity, how many hours do I work in the company and how the clients paying me.

Hope I provided satisfactory answers

Aadi.ji
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Aadi.ji » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:45 pm

entrepreneurexpert wrote:I also received the call today and gave interview, It was for about 5 minutes, Call was genuine. Asked me about my business account activity, how many hours do I work in the company and how the clients paying me.

Hope I provided satisfactory answers
Hi,

What time did you received the call?

Regards.

maqeelk84

Post by maqeelk84 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:05 pm

to be honest...
i am sure someone is leaking all of you information... because HO never worked sat n sunday... and last thing they never called you unless there is DOB missing.
and i am sure in this country if you have name and DOB many ppl did fraud... so becareful
who ever is getting a call from HO tell them to verify you. like who are they and where are they calling from and who authorized them to call in weekends because they dont open on sat and sundays....

entrepreneurexpert
Newly Registered

Post by entrepreneurexpert » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:31 pm

I did not tell them my DOB, The lady told me is that your DOB, and what I have submitted to HO, She was going through that paper and I did not tell any information. So I believe it was right call

I got call after 3 PM

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:12 pm

maqeelk84 wrote:to be honest...
i am sure someone is leaking all of you information... because HO never worked sat n sunday... and last thing they never called you unless there is DOB missing.
and i am sure in this country if you have name and DOB many ppl did fraud... so becareful
who ever is getting a call from HO tell them to verify you. like who are they and where are they calling from and who authorized them to call in weekends because they dont open on sat and sundays....

Home Office/ UKBA work on Saturdays! Not at full capacity but they do work on Saturday.. SO get your facts right.
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

kkkTier1

Post by kkkTier1 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi,

Has anyone received verification call after winning appeal? Is HO verifying only those whose applications haven’t decided yet?

Thanks

kkkTier1

Post by kkkTier1 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:26 pm

Hi,

Has anyone received verification call after won appeal? Is HO verifying only those whose applications haven’t decided yet?

Thanks

anas_19
Newly Registered

Post by anas_19 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:09 am

Hello,

Any body received the interview call during the week ? or they are just calling in the weekends ?!

Aadi.ji
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Aadi.ji » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:05 pm

anas_19 wrote:Hello,

Any body received the interview call during the week ? or they are just calling in the weekends ?!
My friend received the call again today this morning. And has asked to give the interview formally. This has happen after that short telephonic call.

qkiyani
Pakistan

Post by qkiyani » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:17 am

have u received any call from home office???? after winning ur appeal f yes then what did they asked????