ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What should I do to get my Student visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ahmedsalmi
Newly Registered

What should I do to get my Student visa

Post by Ahmedsalmi » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new here :)
I'm 20 years old college student from Algeria, I'm studding Veterinary medicine, been in a relationship with a 19 years old girl from London, and we decided that it would be best for us that I try to move there have an education there.
I haven't yet decided which education I'll be taking, But I kinda know it would be best If I start just by taking a course and work at the same time? Idk if that possible ?
My girlfriend is willing to help me with the living costs and provide accommodation for me and even to pay for my courses
So my question is, what should I do now? Is it best that I go to the Uk as a visitor and then try to apply for student visa from there? Will I be able to work? How Am I gonna prove that I can afford all this with my family's help and my partner's help?
Please I'd like a detailed explanation on the steps I should take and what would be best suited to my current situation
I'll give you further information if needed and If somehow I can talk to someone who knows about all this I'd like some assistance please
Thank you.

Seneca

Re: What should I do to get my Student visa

Post by Seneca » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:31 pm

You have fews options.

1. Marry you girlfriends and apply for spouse visa which will give right to work, study and settlement in fews years time.

2. Student visa. Your can then study what you want but working will limited to fews hours per week.

3 Fiance visa, come to UK and then marry you girlfriend here. You will then be free to pursue whatever you want.

4. Visit visa, Just come to see you girlfriend but not allowed to work.

Your questions.
i). To prove that you can afford the fees you will need to provide bank statements from you sponsor and paying the fees.
ii). Your ability to work will depends on type of visa you hold.
iii). You cannot come here on visit visa and then apply for student visa. Either apply for visitor visa or student visa from you country.

Ahmedsalmi
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmedsalmi » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:39 pm

Seneca wrote:You have fews options.

1. Marry you girlfriends and apply for spouse visa which will give right to work, study and settlement in fews years time.

2. Student visa. Your can then study what you want but working will limited to fews hours per week.

3 Fiance visa, come to UK and then marry you girlfriend here. You will then be free to pursue whatever you want.

4. Visit visa, Just come to see you girlfriend but not allowed to work.

Your questions.
i). To prove that you can afford the fees you will need to provide bank statements from you sponsor and paying the fees.
ii). Your ability to work will depends on type of visa you hold.
iii). You cannot come here on visit visa and then apply for student visa. Either apply for visitor visa or student visa from you country.
Thank you so much
Is there anyway we can speak instantly please, That would help me and my girl friend a lot, we really need to do something about it and we can not stay like this :/ Please we're desperate at this point.

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:52 pm

Post your questions here and i will be able to provide answers according to the best of my knowledge also others more knowledgeable people will be able to help you. You can use Private message (PM) but since you have less than 10 post you can not use that facility at this moment in time.

Ahmedsalmi
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmedsalmi » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:06 pm

Seneca wrote:Post your questions here and i will be able to provide answers according to the best of my knowledge also others more knowledgeable people will be able to help you. You can use Private message (PM) but since you have less than 10 post you can not use that facility at this moment in time.
Okay :) I'll have to think about some things and talk to my girlfriend about our choices
I'll be having a lot of questions
Thank you for helping me

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Post by gj6ab5657 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:20 pm

Ahmedsalmi
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmedsalmi » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:56 pm

Seneca wrote:Post your questions here and i will be able to provide answers according to the best of my knowledge also others more knowledgeable people will be able to help you. You can use Private message (PM) but since you have less than 10 post you can not use that facility at this moment in time.
Hey again, Well after reading about studding in the uk I don't think I'll be able to afford the financial requirement they need me to provide 1000 pound for each months I'll be studding there (london) before even going there ? even tho I have a place to stay where there's food and everything? I'm not sure though?
So what about the Fiance visa? How much money do I need to have? or my gf/fiance should have? in order to meet the requirement they ask?
Thank you

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:56 am

Ahmedsalmi wrote:
Hey again, Well after reading about studding in the uk I don't think I'll be able to afford the financial requirement they need me to provide 1000 pound for each months I'll be studding there (london) before even going there ? even tho I have a place to stay where there's food and everything? I'm not sure though?
So what about the Fiance visa? How much money do I need to have? or my gf/fiance should have? in order to meet the requirement they ask?
Thank you
Your girlfriend needs to earn £18,600 a year or more, visa costs £851 for the initial one from memory, thought that will go up after 5th April in line with new fees...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Ahmedsalmi
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmedsalmi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:53 pm

Sorry again, we decided that I should come as a visitor first just to see if I will be accepted? I'm not sure if they can reject me even If I provide everything they asked for ? we don't have the time to try again...
I'm asking about the documents I need to provide and the documents she has to send me (is by fax acceptable) like in a list please
again I'm 20 years old student I don't have a bank account my dad does tho, and my gf is willing to pay for my accommodations I'd be grateful for your help :)

Ahmedsalmi
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmedsalmi » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:31 pm

Anyone please?

Sabbar
Newly Registered

Post by Sabbar » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:05 am

Sabbar wrote:Hello friends ....

Hope you are all fine. I am also new here ..I need some information about my tier 4 visa application whic i just submitted in Lahore Gerry office .... But one thing strange happened there because they take the video calling interview at spot @ 1:30 pm. <------ it was 27 Feb, 2014 when they dispatch the high comission islamabad and At 11 march, 2014 the status change to under process at the British High Commission.....

But now my question is "what posibilites are that they call me at british Embassy islamabad for face to face interview and How much its still take time .......? Thanks.

Your reply need urgently......

Regards,
Sabbar Ahmad

shaq1

Re:

Post by shaq1 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:25 pm

Ahmedsalmi wrote:
Anyone please?
There are quite a few institute in London where you can come as a student visitor to do an English course for 6 months or more. This may be a good option for you.

But if you want to come as a visitor then please check the following link and read through the guidance

https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa/overview