ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent! ILR - 5YRS-DATE OF ENTRY 58 DAYS FROM VISA DATE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TrishaTrisha
Newly Registered

Urgent! ILR - 5YRS-DATE OF ENTRY 58 DAYS FROM VISA DATE

Post by TrishaTrisha » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:18 pm

HI All,

I have an appointment for ILR application in first week of March
But, I just realised , I may have an potential issue with my 5 year continuous residency period, as I entered 58 days after my Tier1 visa was granted to me

Date of 1st Visa Stamp (Tier 1) : 27-03-2009
Date of first entry to UK: 24-05-2009

Days between entry clearance and date of entry in UK is 58 days

so, Can I apply for extension in March 1st week ?

Thanks

Malik44

Re: Urgent! ILR - 5YRS-DATE OF ENTRY 58 DAYS FROM VISA DATE

Post by Malik44 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:28 pm

Yes You can Apply in March 1st Week because Your 1st Entry to UK is within 90 days Concession time period.

aatulgoel
Newly Registered

Post by aatulgoel » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:00 pm

rahulaborkar
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by rahulaborkar » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:43 pm

Malik44 wrote:Yes You can Apply in March 1st Week because Your 1st Entry to UK is within 90 days Concession time period.
Appreciate if you can point to any document or rule mentioned regarding this 90 days concession period.

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:26 pm

[quote="rahulaborkar"][quote="Malik44"]Yes You can Apply in March 1st Week because Your 1st Entry to UK is within 90 days Concession time period.[/quote]
Appreciate if you can point to any document or rule mentioned regarding this 90 days concession period.[/quote]

[b]Click link pubished by aatulgoel. Check page 22 .[/b]

vignezh

Post by vignezh » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:27 pm

rahulaborkar wrote:
Malik44 wrote:Yes You can Apply in March 1st Week because Your 1st Entry to UK is within 90 days Concession time period.
Appreciate if you can point to any document or rule mentioned regarding this 90 days concession period.

You can write an email to workoperationalpolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk They will clarify this within a day or two. You might get an automated reply straightaway and another email by someone in a couple of days. You can then take a printout of this email along with your application.

rahulaborkar
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by rahulaborkar » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:13 am

vignezh wrote:
rahulaborkar wrote:

You can write an email to workoperationalpolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk They will clarify this within a day or two. You might get an automated reply straightaway and another email by someone in a couple of days. You can then take a printout of this email along with your application.
Thanks Vignezh.
I did send email to above email.
However I also found this in the ILR Calculating Continuos Period in UK document, Page 22 which clearly mentions
The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be
counted toward the qualifying period, as long as it does not exceed 90 days. This can occur
if the applicant is delayed travelling to the UK. The period of delay will not be counted as an
absence if it does not exceed 90 days. If the delay is more than 90 days, none of the period
between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK can be included in
the continuous period calculation.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... eriods.pdf